Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nox-- first impressions

I think my eq800 will go first round on yard. them E-trac to clean up any silver :)

Last time out I took my eq800 and e-trac. I used the Eq800 and then used the Etrac. I found a small siver childrens ring with the Etrac. So go figure. Nothing seems to be able to sniff out sliver better than my E-trac. I also own the Fisher f75ltd2. Previously oow owned V3i, Spectrum xlt, and Eagle 2 sl

Thx!

The merc could have been found with any machine... it had somehow been missed all these years. 4", no iron. In EMI, the Nox is definitely better-- couldn't have found the walker with my etrac/ctx.
I have found many silver coins with the Equinox that should have been found long before now, but I understand what you ar getting at…. Probably a very good signal…. Yet it was still there.

Observation here….. Im running F75LE against Jeff who now has been throwing the CTX3030, Etrac, and now the 800 at me. I’m going to proffer here that I get 80% of what I go over and he gets closer to 90%. Is it the machine or the operator? I flat missed the 1893 half dollar the first time I ran the grid next to where he hit multiple silvers that day. Did I miss sweep and leave a gap? Was I at the wrong angle to catch it at 10” down? I know Jeff zig zag’d over the area after I had cleared so did he or the machine not go over it or did he fail to hear or the machine fail to react to a signal?
Last week I hit a strong dollar size signal that was four way repeatable, it was 20 feet from where he found the 1922 dollar, hell yes I’m excavating. I asked Jeff to confirm with his Etrac whether to dig or was he getting iron/trash. He got no signal at all until he cranked the sensitivity way up (first time I’ve ever heard the “sweet warble” of silver as you call it). Signal was dead center under a root that was 6-8” in diameter, both machines pinpointed the same but slightly different depth readings. All I will admit to now is damn stupid old rusty iron nail.
Not sure really one machine can be classified as “the best” especially when we all know the story of the young man with a cheap Bounty Hunter who pulled a super find after all the “experienced” folks all walked over it.

Observation here….. Im running F75LE against Jeff who now has been throwing the CTX3030, Etrac, and now the 800 at me. I’m going to proffer here that I get 80% of what I go over and he gets closer to 90%. Is it the machine or the operator? I flat missed the 1893 half dollar the first time I ran the grid next to where he hit multiple silvers that day. Did I miss sweep and leave a gap? Was I at the wrong angle to catch it at 10” down? I know Jeff zig zag’d over the area after I had cleared so did he or the machine not go over it or did he fail to hear or the machine fail to react to a signal?
Last week I hit a strong dollar size signal that was four way repeatable, it was 20 feet from where he found the 1922 dollar, hell yes I’m excavating. I asked Jeff to confirm with his Etrac whether to dig or was he getting iron/trash. He got no signal at all until he cranked the sensitivity way up (first time I’ve ever heard the “sweet warble” of silver as you call it). Signal was dead center under a root that was 6-8” in diameter, both machines pinpointed the same but slightly different depth readings. All I will admit to now is damn stupid old rusty iron nail.
Not sure really one machine can be classified as “the best” especially when we all know the story of the young man with a cheap Bounty Hunter who pulled a super find after all the “experienced” folks all walked over it.
Not all...just me.

Elmy, been stewing and brewing over your last comment. Need clarification:
I was getting a clear and strong 94-95 numbers on F75, those are confirmed numbers from previously physically sweeping a couple silver dollars I have. They were four way repeatable hits. Usually, not always, but usually iron will hit 97-99. Jeff’s first couple passes didnt even make a squeak. Knowing we were within feet of a known recovered dollar he dug his heels in investigated further, what if nothing else are adjustment controls for?
He said he was bringing the sensitivity up and then he got both the numbers and the “beautiful warble silver sound” and felt we may have a second dollar.
Was your observation that the Minelab, even tho now confirming the Fisher response, was correct the first time? Now, we know that to be correct but would you have walked away from two units reading the same indication?
Just curious on your observation.

Thx!

The merc could have been found with any machine... it had somehow been missed all these years. 4", no iron. In EMI, the Nox is definitely better-- couldn't have found the walker with my etrac/ctx.
I dug a 1917 walker a month ago it was 11”-12” down just still amazing the finds I make with it .
Mark

Elmy, been stewing and brewing over your last comment. Need clarification:
I was getting a clear and strong 94-95 numbers on F75, those are confirmed numbers from previously physically sweeping a couple silver dollars I have. They were four way repeatable hits. Usually, not always, but usually iron will hit 97-99. Jeff’s first couple passes didnt even make a squeak. Knowing we were within feet of a known recovered dollar he dug his heels in investigated further, what if nothing else are adjustment controls for?
He said he was bringing the sensitivity up and then he got both the numbers and the “beautiful warble silver sound” and felt we may have a second dollar.
Was your observation that the Minelab, even tho now confirming the Fisher response, was correct the first time? Now, we know that to be correct but would you have walked away from two units reading the same indication?
Just curious on your observation.
On the etrac too much manual sensitivity and the nails come alive... Manual sensitivity settings will have you digging nails that you swear are coins. When you switch to auto sensitivity that the minelab factory installed programs that are set up by well educated people ...the nail hits seem to go away.
The fisher brand I have no idea on... but can say from experience....too much sensitivity can make iron more responsive and jump into you discrimination patterns.
Only well trained ears can catch the scratchy, screeching iron sound compared to a silver warble.
The coins id is number is only one of many discriminating methods to determine a target.

I have never proven that my cell phone ever interfered with any metal detector. I explored that aspect after hearing it only once, years ago. I will personally always have my IPhone on me out in the field. It is my life-vest in case I fall down and can't back up. I am not jesting ;-)
Me too, some times I just want to lay there and take a nap.

I got ya Elmy…… its just if two detectors are saying the same thing then Im digging for China. It would make me sick if I just called it off and that “Rat Bastard” scored another big silver dollar!!!!!!😂😂

I got ya Elmy…… its just if two detectors are saying the same thing then Im digging for China. It would make me sick if I just called it off and that “Rat Bastard” scored another big silver dollar!!!!!!😂😂
yep...bright headlight in the fog....you see everything but the road you are on.....I got gold ring Number 9 today...all from the same park with a manual sensitivity of 8....
Kiddies ring...but 14k...so it counts !
Yes ...I said manual 8 on the etrac !

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 76
yep...bright headlight in the fog....you see everything but the road you are on.....I got gold ring Number 9 today...all from the same park with a manual sensitivity of 8....
Kiddies ring...but 14k...so it counts !
Yes ...I said manual 8 on the etrac !
you normal hunting sensitivity should be enough ....if you have to go full power all the time , just try driving a car that way....not practical.

You are spot on good sir! We change our driving depending on the conditions encountered. Why not adjust your detector as you go along detecting? Completely a valid comparison.

You are spot on good sir! We change our driving depending on the conditions encountered. Why not adjust your detector as you go along detecting? Completely a valid comparison.
thanks ...and by the way , if someone hits a target, just about anyone can adjust their detector to hit that target also, especially if they know where it is located.

HH now go get "em

Um... right now I think Ronstar is the Ratbastard, finding his latest needle/haystack comm half dollar and a ten karat ring!