Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nox power button

cybernate

Hello everybody,
I recently purchased a Nox 800 used. Was told that detector was originally purchased in April, and had about 10 hours of use. I used detector on 3 beach trips for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours each time with no issue, and was really impressed with the small items it was able to find, also found four rings, and some other costume jewelry. However on my 3rd trip to the beach I had been detecting for maybe an hour and decided to take a little break and hit power button to power off detector. Nothing happened, so I tried another 3 or 4 times. Detector screen went blank, and I have not been able to turn back on. Detector had a full charge , and when I got back home I connected to charger and green led came on. I had screen protector on the time and was detecting on both the dry, and wet sand only. I found another blog where a few people commented on having some issues with the power button. One thing i noticed is the other side buttons seem to have a little resistance, or click, the power button has no resistance.
Thanks,
Nate

Clearly you need to check with ML and the warranty. Yes ive read those issues as well. Sounds like the battery if its not being recognized by the charger....... BUT just send it in and get it fixed...... good as new.

I had a power button issue too. Nox 600
It eventually corrected itself in 2 days.
I reported it to Minelab and told them it did correct itself.

They asked me to send it in for inspection anyway.

Of course it they saw nothing wrong and returned it to me. They turned it on and were waiting for it to suddenly stop working.
I told them they were waiting for something I did not experience. The problem started when I pressed in the button. After that it would not shut off. Battery had to die to stop it. Would not detect either.
That was a month ago and to tell you the truth I have not used it since.
Maybe I should make the effort.

I am certain my problem was a sticky on off button just like you described. I think they can push in and fail to pop back out. so it would not reset
Not sure if the summer heat can affect this. heat expands and cool contracts. When it started working again I had it in the Air conditioned house for 12 hours.

The next time - if this happens I am going to use my cell phone to record a video of the way it is acting. I have their email address and can share that with them.

I must say they were very nice - Just if it was not acting up they wont do anything.

Regards,

Thanks for the replies. Will give it a few days and see if it self corrects. Question, does anyone know what info is needed as far as the warranty if I do need to send it in. I have had the detector since July 28th and didn't start using it until recently due to family being in town.
Thanks

service@minelabamericas.com Jamie and the crew will answer all your questions.
Laplander

Hey everyone, new to the forum.
So I got my Nox 800 back in February. Great looking/sounding machine.
Absolutely loved this machine from the start! Great tones...great layout...and for the most part, very user friendly . Love it!

But I did notice from day one that I might have trouble with the power button. It just seemed really hard to press, and unless I was vigilant, I could hold it down for awhile with no response. Strangely, the other three side-buttons (backlight, headphones, and user profile) didn't have this symptom. They have always been easy to press with quick and proper response.

While using the machine the other day I went to do a factory reset and couldn't get the machine to power off. No matter what i did, the power button was unresponsive and felt rubbery, for lack of a better term, like the hard button beneath the rubber outer shell had disappeared. In fact I believe that is what happened. The inner button somehow shifted and got stuck underneath the edge of the frame and didn't recoil properly.

I called Minelab and they sent me a shipping label and RMA #. I asked the rep I spoke with if I should just leave it powered on for the journey and he said yes. He also mentioned they're working on replaceable batteries for the Nox which is good news. I disassembled the machine for packaging and noticed that the screen shut off upon disconnecting the coil wire. This is good, as I was worried the battery would die on the trip, potentially decreasing it's lifespan.

Got an email yesterday that they've received the machine. I'll update as I learn more. Hope this helps others.

Thanks,
Dubs

An aspect of the 600 was with the protective screen cover on it, I couldn't get it to shutdown without having to drop my digger from left hand, remove gloves, and then press and "hope" that it shut off!
Very annoying and time wasting.

Sounds like the same problem with my light switch, the light switch has a rubbery feel (no little click) Not that I really need the light, it has gone in anyway may as well have it working.

Flooding,shafts, coils,buttons,screens,detection issues welcome to the Equinox!!! I must be lucky as I have not experienced any of these issues with my 800.

I am impressed with the great service provided by the new Minelab repair center. I have had no problems with the buttons nor have any of the half dozen friends with Equinox. Every product will have a few flawed units.