Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nox shaft wiggle FIX

Digger 45

Just ran on to something that works, the little white ties that have a wire in them work will, i used the small ones, that come with some of the garbage bags. take two of them, loosen the lock and slide them in from the top, i couldn't get them in from the bottom,the wire helps keep then straight and you can slide them all the way in, tighten the lock and with the wire in there it makes a snug fit. Give it a try i think this will help a lot.

Great idea. But that could be a lot of busy work if you took your detector apart every time you use it like many water hunters do. I still believe the best way is to replace those single clips with doubles...... and drill a second hole straight thru keeping the shafts from moving in the first place.

If the locks worked right in the first place like other locks on other detectors this would not be a problem, i don't see that the spring holes are the problem it is the locks that should hold.

That's what I see also.----It's the camlocks that is the problem.---For one thing, the inner camlock"pad" is too small (that is supposed to lock on the shaft when the camlock tightens).----Compare it to the eTrac & you will see what I mean.----An additional hole (double spring clip) is still going to have a wobble.
Digger 45 said:
If the locks worked right in the first place like other locks on other detectors this would not be a problem, i don't see that the spring holes are the problem it is the locks that should hold.

I wont argue those cams need improving we all know that...... but then ive NEVER like those twist cams. In fact most of the time i went to CF without ANY locks....... just a nylon bolt OR double spring clips. If the spring clip hole is correct you dont get movement. Not a lot of people have used a three piece travel shaft....... the more moving parts the more flop especially if you dont have much shaft inside the uppers.

The cam locks on the shaft of the Equinox do not belong on any beach detector. Sand screws them up. I have new locks on order and will be sawing the old ones off.

Who did you order the new locks from? I've always had good luck with the White's locks.

I have just a wee bit of 'hinging' going on at the search rod joint between the upper to center sections. The camlock won't turn completely tight at the connection. It was barely perceptible at first, but is becoming more noticeable to me as the number of outings increases. I'm sure there are home owner fixes I can do, but I'd just as soon get it squared away properly with Minelab while it is under warranty.

Rich -

Rich (Utah) said:
I have just a wee bit of 'hinging' going on at the search rod joint between the upper to center sections. The camlock won't turn completely tight at the connection. It was barely perceptible at first, but is becoming more noticeable to me as the number of outings increases. I'm sure there are home owner fixes I can do, but I'd just as soon get it squared away properly with Minelab while it is under warranty.

Rich -

That's where I am having trouble with mine. Ive been hesitant to contact minelab about it because I don't want to ship it off and go a couple weeks without it but I think I am gonna have to.