Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nox Sniffs Out My First Half Real!

Sooper Dave

Met up with my buddy to hunt a creek hoping to find some CW relics. It was a total bust finding nothing but trash. On the way out I slipped and busted hard on my back but luckily only hurt my pride. My buddy dropped his new Equinox and broke the arm cuff in half. Needless to say this wasn't one of our best days out and we left on our separate ways licking our wounds. There was still some light left and so I stopped at one of my sites on the way home, taking full advantage of my time off for good behavior. This site had a Colonial home site on it and I have found a few flat buttons and my first cut piece of 8 Reales back in June with my Etrac. I bought an Equinox mainly to hunt the water and I haven't really used it much, so I am still trying to figure it out. This would be a good test of how it performs in iron vs my Etrac. I headed straight to the little hill where the old house used to be and dug a big iron bolt and nut. Continued on and dug two small pieces of lead in between iron and thought to myself this machine is good at picking out small targets. The next signal came in about the same as the lead but I was surprised when I saw a tiny silver coin there in the hole from the light of my pinpointer. I knew it would be a good one either way if it was a trime, a half dime or even a half real. The coin was caked with dirt and it felt like forever as I slowly washed the dirt off with water and it's so worn I could not tell what I had. I finally got it clean and from the light on my phone I could see it was my first Spanish Half Real! I was so glad I stopped and tried this machine out at this site. I finished out with a few more small flat buttons and a smashed thimble. I am very impressed with the Equinox. I know for sure these signals were missed with the Etrac but to be fair I was using a 13" coil and probably masked those small targets with all the iron. But running the factory coil on the Nox proved it's fast enough to separate and hit hard in between the trash. I'm sure I will be bringing it along more often.

BcwImOo.jpg

RsLcasb.jpg

0RYSoqv.jpg

babdUR7.jpg

Photo below is what I have found with the Etrac from this site.

ZrxetmX.jpg

Met up with my buddy to hunt a creek hoping to find some CW relics. It was a total bust finding nothing but trash. On the way out I slipped and busted hard on my back but luckily only hurt my pride. My buddy dropped his new Equinox and broke the arm cuff in half. Needless to say this wasn't one of our best days out and we left on our separate ways licking our wounds. There was still some light left and so I stopped at one of my sites on the way home, taking full advantage of my time off for good behavior. This site had a Colonial home site on it and I have found a few flat buttons and my first cut piece of 8 Reales back in June with my Etrac. I bought an Equinox mainly to hunt the water and I haven't really used it much, so I am still trying to figure it out. This would be a good test of how it performs in iron vs my Etrac. I headed straight to the little hill where the old house used to be and dug a big iron bolt and nut. Continued on and dug two small pieces of lead in between iron and thought to myself this machine is good at picking out small targets. The next signal came in about the same as the lead but I was surprised when I saw a tiny silver coin there in the hole from the light of my pinpointer. I knew it would be a good one either way if it was a trime, a half dime or even a half real. The coin was caked with dirt and it felt like forever as I slowly washed the dirt off with water and it's so worn I could not tell what I had. I finally got it clean and from the light on my phone I could see it was my first Spanish Half Real! I was so glad I stopped and tried this machine out at this site. I finished out with a few more small flat buttons and a smashed thimble. I am very impressed with the Equinox. I know for sure these signals were missed with the Etrac but to be fair I was using a 13" coil and probably masked those small targets with all the iron. But running the factory coil on the Nox proved it's fast enough to separate and hit hard in between the trash. I'm sure I will be bringing it along more often.

BcwImOo.jpg

RsLcasb.jpg

0RYSoqv.jpg

babdUR7.jpg

Photo below is what I have found with the Etrac from this site.

ZrxetmX.jpg
Coins with holes in them are always more interesting than people think..!!

Generally speaking, if you find a old coin with a hole in it, and you can tell it was nicely drilled, then it was probably done by the "White Man"

But when you find a coin with a hole in it, and you can tell the hole was forcibly punched through, and most likely forcibly punch-through on both sides to make the hole, then there is a reasonable probability it is an American Indian artifact..! But not necessarily guaranteed.)

Native Americans would often do this, and ware the coins as jewelry, and even as earrings.

There are many examples of this on the internet. Just food for thought..!

Nice finds Dave the nox finds I've found 7 silver halves this year already and a morgan with mine those arm cuffs are fragile I bought a detected one no more problems.
Try the 4khz on some spots .
Mark

Dave,
incredible finds and congratulations on your First Half Reale with the Equinox!! Personally, run the Equinox just like your eTrac. Low and slow.
As you have witnessed, the 11" stock coil on the Equinox (even in heavy iron sites) has amazing separation abilities. Hopefully you can spend more time with the Equinox at this site.

Coins with holes in them are always more interesting than people think..!!

Generally speaking, if you find a old coin with a hole in it, and you can tell it was nicely drilled, then it was probably done by the "White Man"

But when you find a coin with a hole in it, and you can tell the hole was forcibly punched through, and most likely forcibly punch-through on both sides to make the hole, then there is a reasonable probability it is an American Indian artifact..! But not necessarily guaranteed.)

Native Americans would often do this, and ware the coins as jewelry, and even as earrings.

There are many examples of this on the internet. Just food for thought..!

That is some awesome information. Makes sense they would use coins that way. I know a lot of my pre Civil War coins are holed and were mainly used to run a string through or to sew them into a coat for safe keeping.

Nice finds Dave the nox finds I've found 7 silver halves this year already and a morgan with mine those arm cuffs are fragile I bought a detected one no more problems.
Try the 4khz on some spots .
Mark
Thanks Mark! You're killing it on the big silver!

Dave,
incredible finds and congratulations on your First Half Reale with the Equinox!! Personally, run the Equinox just like your eTrac. Low and slow.
As you have witnessed, the 11" stock coil on the Equinox (even in heavy iron sites) has amazing separation abilities. Hopefully you can spend more time with the Equinox at this site.
Thanks! Yeah I am programmed to go low and slow having used the Etarc for the last 10 years. I am hoping to get in some more practice on this site soon.

Nicely done Dave! What mode were you hunting in?

Thanks Ted! I was in Field 1 with 23 sensitivity. Had a lot of chatter from some large overhead power lines and an underground dog fence but it didn't seem to have a problem hitting those targets.