Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Nox800 Defective bluetooth headphones

SandSleuth

Got my 800 last night, charged everything up, had to wait till this evening to pair the headphones and play around with it a little bit before hitting the beach tomorrow. Well....only 1 earphone works on the headphones. So now I'm wondering what to do, it will really piss me off if minelab wants me to send them the headphones to inspect/replace/fix before sending me New ones. I'm hoping they will airmail me a new pair ASAP, what's the chances of that.....all I can do is shake my head, thanks minelab. I'll try calling tomorrow....
Rant over.

SandSleuth said:
Got my 800 last night, charged everything up, had to wait till this evening to pair the headphones and play around with it a little bit before hitting the beach tomorrow. Well....only 1 earphone works on the headphones. So now I'm wondering what to do, it will really @#$%& me off if minelab wants me to send them the headphones to inspect/replace/fix before sending me New ones. I'm hoping they will airmail me a new pair ASAP, what's the chances of that.....all I can do is shake my head, thanks minelab. I'll try calling tomorrow....
Rant over.

Well...I have some bad news for ya, Minelab will be closed tomorrow, it's Saturday. But, the good news is, one side is still working, so you can at least use them until the issue is resolved.

Did it come with the WM08? Do you have other headphones to use just in case you are forced to?

Dan(NM) said:
Got my 800 last night, charged everything up, had to wait till this evening to pair the headphones and play around with it a little bit before hitting the beach tomorrow. Well....only 1 earphone works on the headphones. So now I'm wondering what to do, it will really @#$%& me off if minelab wants me to send them the headphones to inspect/replace/fix before sending me New ones. I'm hoping they will airmail me a new pair ASAP, what's the chances of that.....all I can do is shake my head, thanks minelab. I'll try calling tomorrow....
Rant over.

Well...I have some bad news for ya, Minelab will be closed tomorrow, it's Saturday. But, the good news is, one side is still working, so you can at least use them until the issue is resolved.

Yes, that's what I will have to do. Don't know about everyone else, but my ears don't like having sound in just 1, will have to keep turning them around to keep the ears balanced. At least I can still hunt, that's all that counts. But minelab will be getting a call from an upset customer on Monday:)

IDXMonster said:
Did it come with the WM08? Do you have other headphones to use just in case you are forced to?

Yes it did, but my other detectors are a CTX that I only have the gray ghosts for, and a Excalibur. I guess I could use some apple ear buds, but they just fall out every five steps....
First world problems.....I know.

SandSleuth said:
Rant over.

Yes, that's what I will have to do. Don't know about everyone else, but my ears don't like having sound in just 1, will have to keep turning them around to keep the ears balanced. At least I can still hunt, that's all that counts. But minelab will be getting a call from an upset customer on Monday:)

I agree, it would bug me as well, but, until help arrives, you gotta do what you have to. I'd be unhappy as well!! I always try and keep a set of backups for situations like this, shite happens when you least expect it.

I have used a cheaper pair of eighth inch plug head phones from a local discount store, they work fine in the detector or wm8 module.
to bad your having issues I am sure they will be resolved,keep us posted :sadwalk:
laplander

I use nothing but ear buds, or Yur Buds, which will not fall out! I have a pair on the WM-10 and another pair on the WM-08. Both wireless modules are in watertight bags (not totally watertight as the headset wire has to come out) with about 18" of earphone line outside. Bag comes with a strap that goes around my neck and the wireless module is on my upper chest.

Bummer, but not critical. I'd rather that with alternative option than a detector issue. Hope they take care of it to your satisfaction.

SandSleuth said:

Yes it did, but my other detectors are a CTX that I only have the gray ghosts for, and a Excalibur. I guess I could use some apple ear buds, but they just fall out every five steps....

“First world problems”...:lol:
It’s irritating,but you have a good perspective.:)
Hopefully you will find the 800 to be a nice addition to the family!

IDXMonster said:

“First world problems”...:lol:
It’s irritating,but you have a good perspective.:)
Hopefully you will find the 800 to be a nice addition to the family!
Hopefully you will find a bright shiny addition to your pouch :thumbup:

Well....they are going to replace them ASAP. As soon as I return the defective ones, and as soon as they have them in stock. So who knows when I will get working headphones that I've already payed for.

Mine work like a champ!! Just pair it with another set of bluetooth phones or use the module. When you get to using the 800 you will forget about some danged ole head phones!!! It rocks!

Trashfinder said:
Mine work like a champ!! Just pair it with another set of bluetooth phones or use the module. When you get to using the 800 you will forget about some danged ole head phones!!! It rocks!

Wow, good for you!! Already past this point in this tread. I'm updating people that wanted to know how minelab was going to resolve the issue. It's the fact that I payed for phones that don't work and it will be a while before they are replaced. Agreed, the Nox rocks!!

I won't be using my headphones . I prefer gray ghosts which I have adaptors for and will use either plugged straight into the machine or in the wm08 .
Gray ghosts give better sounds than the muffled ones in the box. Pity the gray ghosts won't go into the nox box.