Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Numbers affected by wood?

Ronstar

Located a possible good signal(s) in a grassy strip the other day. F75 was constant on mid 80s numbers 360 around the object. Dug down about 6” and hit at least two wood planks side by side over the target. After opening the hole somewhat and discovering the planks completely are covering the target I stopped until property owner gives the OK to make larger hole. The size of the target, once top layer over the boards was removed grew in size. Using the detectors pinpoint feature it could be the metal target is as large as 3x3’ but not larger and probably smaller or rectangular.
If the numbers would have been 97-99 I would have moved on as iron falsing strongly indicated in my experience. Thus the question, would wood (probably old barn floor planks as they are at least 2”+ thick and probably honest 2x8” or wider) affect the digital readout? Wood is not rotted through but getting that way, straight grained and I think possibly a hardwood like oak or even cedar. Anyone have any similar experience or tested that theory?
And yes I’m hoping its a metal box full of gold coins 😂😂!!!

interesting.. I have never run into wood planks while hunting, but I do know for a fact that tree roots can change the numbers. a silver quarter down about 6" under a 2" root and the tone was one way and the numbers on the E-trac were in the deep IH range 09-23/24 and yes I hope it is a metal box full of coins!:D

Live tree roots can respond sometimes because of the sap composition. Dead wood no. You may have a nice surprise under those boards. You know you gots ta know!

Oh trust me…… raining here now thru Monday, badly needed. Its not going anywhere and waiting for land owner permission to dig a little out of the norm. I told jkline I’m hoping for a metal box full of gold coins but its probably 50 smashed aluminum cans….. 😂😂

it might be a coffin full of silver coins, like the Clint Eastwood movie. Tha good, the bad and the ugly:ROFLMAO:

Ronstar at 6:40, when he finds the woods :biggrin:

Draco, says video not available….
And for an update, I’m still waiting for the land owner to return my call. Harvest is over and his wife just retired this year, they are on a trip. I went back over there with my 5” coil on yesterday and profile of the object appears to be about 24”x12” if I’m scanning it correctly. I have no patience I wanna exhume what ever it is…..😳

Owner returned and called me back. He gave me the go ahead to exhume whatever might be under the wood! jkline and I scrambled out after he got off work and the CTX3030 was giving mixed signals as well. Jeff was able to raise the coil nearly two feet above the ground and still get readings, indicating something large.
Removed dirt I had dug earlier and cleared off the wood. Jeff had a sawzall and cut a section out of the wood, ends up it was about the basic size of a landscape wood called a cherrytone. Now hand held pinpointer is screaming solid tone. We ended up cutting some more chunks out to double check whatever the metal was underneath. Still dont know but we did pull up some inch wide plus metal strapping and nothing under it that we could determine. Wood was still in good shape and not rotted so most likely cedar or juniper.
No bags of cash, no pirates chest…… but who puts good milled wood over junk metal. Guess we’ll never know.