Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OBN, What is the gold count this year??

Thats why I have my skiff to get to those spots not reachable by foot all private one spot I have found over 100 silver coins no gold yet it pays off!
Mark
I agree, once the walk in spots go dry the boat and ski open up some many other possibilities.
OBN-0041.jpg

OB.jpg

Yep here’s mine gets into tight shallow spots one spot yielded over 100 silver coins so far there’s a few why I say get a boat it opens up tons of spots.
Mark

Attachments

• 375CF771-9F75-409E-A5A9-72F6B47FBB4C.png
    375CF771-9F75-409E-A5A9-72F6B47FBB4C.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 71
  • 1F269409-26B0-40ED-ABF4-1EE9D9F65FE0.jpeg
    1F269409-26B0-40ED-ABF4-1EE9D9F65FE0.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 68
You got a lot of really old silvers too! Most silvers here are from the 1930's up.. I did have a couple years of 300 plus silvers but that has really dropped off but,.... if I am finding silver ... there is gold in the mix, one spot .. It was really rare to find silver and I was finding multiple golds per hunt. Come to find out everyone had to wear that beaches .. bathing suits, which had no pockets and they had to use beach lockers. So the only thing they could lose was what they wore. If I did find silver there it was in bad condition.
20180219_110815.jpg

And love the Suzuki motor...purr's like a kitten!

Yea it’s unbelievable what you can find along rivers some coins we found date back to 1659 pine tree shilling!
Mark

If the 1984 Evinrude on mine acts up I've already said I'll replace it with a new four stroke. I think the Suzuki is the lightest of the bunch in the 25 hp range.

On the local beaches here I've found a Morgan Silver dollar and a seated liberty dime ... don't recall the dates, would have to go get them or find the pictures.

If the 1984 Evinrude on mine acts up I've already said I'll replace it with a new four stroke. I think the Suzuki is the lightest of the bunch in the 25 hp range.

On the local beaches here I've found a Morgan Silver dollar and a seated liberty dime ... don't recall the dates, would have to go get them or find the pictures.
That's amazing on the old silvers, I only have one or two spots that give that stuff up and it's in ruff shape if I do.

That's amazing on the old silvers, I only have one or two spots that give that stuff up and it's in ruff shape if I do.
The two old silvers I've found here in South Carolina are in amazing condition. The Morgan dollar was I think three years ago and the dime was several years back. Both on vacation trips here before we moved. The bay sure does eat the silver. I've had silver rings that came from the community beaches crumble in my hand.
Edited to add:
Date on post for the dollar is when we were here to look at the house we bought. Good trip! Dime picture is not preserved in the old post.. I think that picture in on the old laptop ... or may need to find which box that is not unpacked that the dime is in.
https://www.findmall.com/threads/unexpected-find-coming-off-the-beach.321300/

Last edited:
You got a lot of really old silvers too! Most silvers here are from the 1930's up.. I did have a couple years of 300 plus silvers but that has really dropped off but,.... if I am finding silver ... there is gold in the mix, one spot .. It was really rare to find silver and I was finding multiple golds per hunt. Come to find out everyone had to wear that beaches .. bathing suits, which had no pockets and they had to use beach lockers. So the only thing they could lose was what they wore. If I did find silver there it was in bad condition.
View attachment 46896

Wow I've found some black ones none that bad and some of mine are in the 1700's must be some harsh water.
Mark

Wow I've found some black ones none that bad and some of mine are in the 1700's must be some harsh water.
Mark
When someone hunts the Chesapeake bay and they post their silver I can fairly much tell what part of the bay they are hunting. By the condition of their silver. Top (North Bay) ..Baltimore area ..Annapolis area, than for me the southern area around Saint Mary's county. Each has a distinct condition which kind of tells the area they are hunting. Occasionally if silver is found in clay then it is super clean which I can't tell. But the brackish conditions and what every else is in the water // can be bad on silver and can stain gold..
21CD.jpg

When someone hunts the Chesapeake bay and they post their silver I can fairly much tell what part of the bay they are hunting. By the condition of their silver. Top (North Bay) ..Baltimore area ..Annapolis area, than for me the southern area around Saint Mary's county. Each has a distinct condition which kind of tells the area they are hunting. Occasionally if silver is found in clay then it is super clean which I can't tell. But the brackish conditions and what every else is in the water // can be bad on silver and can stain gold..View attachment 46924
Yep I’m I on the CT river most of the silver in the mud sand I find is black some coins I find laying between the rocks and underneath silver halves barbers and quarters like this one looked new the half was under a rock and had a purple tint the quarter was a surface find!

Attachments

• D1EEB5CD-B491-4C34-B962-3BB016823BCE.jpeg
    D1EEB5CD-B491-4C34-B962-3BB016823BCE.jpeg
    555.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 11B7368D-193F-4943-8B42-3AB34439A62F.jpeg
    11B7368D-193F-4943-8B42-3AB34439A62F.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 49
Not killing it this year for sure, been out about 20 times now with 4 gold. Silver count is way down also.. about 13. Hunting here...Silver is a great indicator that gold is near.
1950 10k Class ring 5.6 grams, 1899 V Nickel, ND Buff and 1919 Buffalo.. Kool lead toy from the 1920's? Crusty coin, a wheaty or indian head, these from this spot crumble when you try and open them. Excalibur detector used.

20231016_105004.jpg

Thanks for asking...I've taken off the last 22 months? and just started getting wet 4 weeks ago, think I've been out 7 times now with 3 gold rings. Not much to show yet. Maybe come the end of the year I'll have a better count. The last 22 months had a few health issues (Hopefully over now) and busy with my home, and family. I does feel good to start back up, but I'm finding the long mile walks to some of these spots is a little much at 71 so I made up a cart to haul my stuff to the beach, rolls nice and should be a big help come winter when I want to bring a weight belt along..
I finished off 2021 with 45 gold>, here is a picture from that year. And my cart,, hope to have it in action Saturday..

View attachment 46249

View attachment 46250

View attachment 46251
Glad your back to metal detecting again, i know just how you feel about your health, in four days i'll be 79 and it sure get's harder to walk a long way and now that i have A-fib it's even harder, i want to get back out their . very nice cart you made.

Yes, Happy Birthday buddy!

That cart is a life saver, I have a few spots I have a mile walk..sure makes the walk back easier. And I plan on using weights this fall with my drysuit and it will make carrying them easy.

OBN,

Great to hear you are out again.

How deep do you go in your sites? Are you using a hookah or scuba to get to 5’ and deeper?

Yes, Happy Birthday buddy!

That cart is a life saver, I have a few spots I have a mile walk..sure makes the walk back easier. And I plan on using weights this fall with my drysuit and it will make carrying them easy.
Yea that cart looks real good, we got a little wagon and see i can carry my detector and scoop and a small chair, i get winded very fast!!!