Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Odd thing happened

dewcon4414

I was just finishing about 5 hours in the water and decided to hit some wet sand. I had been swinging right along for maybe 15 min. and moved to the wet/dry sand transition line. I also went from beach 2 to beach 1 at that point. I was swinging along and i hear a penny....... i stopped an looked down as i swung over the coin. Nothing on the screen..... but it was a solid hit.... no doubt a penny. Played around with it a bit....... nada. Finally moved making a circle ..... and was picking up the normal minerals and foil that should have given a digit reading..... nada. Panic set in lol. So i switched to beach 2...... it ran perfect..... as did the other modes as i switched to them. Got back to beach 1 and...... ill be it was reading now. Couldnt duplicate it after that. Im wondering if it might have been a temp change? Is it me or is does the Nox seem to have a lot of Gremlins where you have to RESET it? Cant think of a machine ive ever seen or had that required a reset quit this often.

I had someone point out in a EQX test video that there were disced out spots in one of my modes. I initially replied that it must be an optical illusion or or something because I NEVER blocked any TID numbers and had performed several resets. After re-watching the video at the specific portion, sure enough.. spots were obviously disced out! I looked at my EQX and everything was fine. I have no idea what happened to cause that to happen, but I've never had another problem. Maybe there is a gremlin in the programming!

Hitting the PinPoint will keep it on until turned off or mode change.
Likewise a hit on the accept/reject button at the wrong time can "disced out" a slot.
Also the Beach 2 overload shown by a triangle with an explanation mark inside will not turn off until a mode change had been initiated.

WaterWalker said:
Likewise a hit on the accept/reject button at the wrong time can "disced out" a slot.
Also the Beach 2 overload shown by a triangle with an explanation mark inside will not turn off until a mode change had been initiated.

I have checked my beach 1 overload symbol and it turns off after I resume my search in the same mode only seconds later after excluding the overload target. I have only checked beach 1 mode. One issue I have is twice now a factory reset was needed to clear up issues. One my personal settings would not stay programmed after power off. FR fixed this problem. Several weeks later I noticed my personal program recovery speed would always reset to 3 after power off no matter what my preference was. A FR fixed that.
CHECK THE CLASSIFIED SECTION FOR NOX 800 and acc.s for sale. A well known pirate from my area has thrown in the towel!!!

I saw that for sale but too late mine is coming today.

I wonder why he thrown in the salt water towel?

Tony

250+- hours on my 800. No gremlins. The foam lining in the arm cuff came off at about the 200 hour mark...I like it better that way.

Dean

Dew,

Temperature change?

A sudden glitch that cannot be repeated?

A button push sequence that hadn't been done previously?

I saw such stuff MANY times testing the Minelab's.

These are the types of 'bugs' I always watched out for AND ALWAYS relayed every nitty gritty bit of detail to the 'Design Team'

Was such stuff tested in / out of the water fully submerged? I don't know?

Des

BigTony said:
I saw that for sale but too late mine is coming today.

I wonder why he thrown in the salt water towel?

Tony

His words to me he fell out of love. His wing man told me a story of a dime target that disappeared after one scoop. The coin was in plain sight, vertical in the side bank of the hole. A 360 circle and neither 800 would ping on the dime. Maybe the straw that broke the camels back?Someone in Ga. Got a killer deal!!!

WaterWalker said:

Thats entirely possible that I hit a button on accident without realizing.

Factory reboot is your friend......

I would be reluctant to update even if a update were available may have to get me a 600 just to beta test any upgrade before touching my 800.... Hopefully you would be able to reload old firmware like Deaus.

I think it just freaks out on gold and can't contain it self....:yikes:

Happy Trails
jimpugh

Beach2 will reset after an overload. .. but you have to be out of the water or lift your coil out of the water. I talked to him briefly. ...I think it was more of a trash thing. I believe he still has a 600. Reset shouldnt have to be my friend lol.

Thanks, I understand. I give him plenty of credit for sticking to his constitution.
That happens to me On a different machine. It will not ping on a target after the hole is dug.

Tony

I’ve had to reset my 800 twice. Once for loss of depth with excessive random noise and a second time for which sorry I can’t remember what for. I just tried a beach wet sand comparison between it and my CTX and you can get them to be the same on a gold ring - the EQ has more depth in targetless conditions but add trash and black sand and the EQ is too difficult for my brain to decipher. Bring the sensitivity down to quiet it and then it is only as deep as the CTX but perhaps the tone is more distinctive. So at that point the EQ is lighter and I don’t need the harness. But the WM08 doesn’t work well for me and the recovery speed doesnt either. I haven’t even messed with the iron bias stuff as my good ibeach targets shouldn’t have any.
I’m basically pissed as it takes too much fiddling to get it dialed in for a given site. It has the sensitivity but needs better target ID. Ok dimes and quarters come up repetitively the same - but anything lower in ID is a crapshoot. It becomes dig everything and a PI should be better for that. That’s what I started with! I’m actually going to compare them tomorrow during this low tide that’s due. With the EQ I dig deep coke cans around 21 and with the CTX I’ve dug dimes even deeper. But even with the CTX there have been hot target days and days I wondered if the CTX was working - conditions, or the detector’s weird? I’m still not ready to give up on the EQ but I may have to and wait for the follow-up machine in a few years. I totally understand people having issues with the EQ and totally don’t get the exuberance of the others but want to.
A lot of EQ600’s said to be at the beach - haven’t yet come across a beach comparison review of it vs the EQ800. In fact, not many instructive videos on settings. I think we need more examples of setting variations. It is either the detector has variances or the soil conditions really make a big difference in the detector behavior/results.

Come on now B...... it disc very well so its no where close to the digging a PI is. I had to laugh at your comment about the CTX and wondering if it was on.... ive had that thought as well. Same somewhat with the Nox.... when i see Xcals digging and im not i wonder what am i missing. But at the end of the day.... their comment were nothing out there but coins and canslaw. I have found ways to make mine run a little smoother but keep the sensitivity up..... no threshold, if you dont like the ups and downs of the mineral noise then GB before you get in..... but you may GB out smaller gold, move your recovery speed UP in the 4 or 5 range (that faster recovery reduces the length of the tones). I personally like to run AM...... to quiet it i reduce the iron bins volume to 4.... makes it run like a low threshold and can be used to set the sensitivity. I wouldnt mess with the IB especially in the water..... we all ready know things like bottle caps dont sound off like they do in the dry sand out there. Im still a believer that the Nox will be a dominating new machine out there. It really did give us some things we wanted as an Xcal wader replacement...... WARRANTY, price, TID screen, speed, weight, straight shaft....but there is a down side, chatter, mineral/EMI noise, digital crunch.. ... where we didnt need it.... AND we dont know what repair costs might be after the warranty. But dont a lot of repair cost run in the $300 range with the Xcal ..... and we dont get a new machine. Ive had a lot of repairs and modes/repairs to those as well.... and the machine was already twice the price and out of warranty in one season for most.

Back to topic lol. I get frustrated with my computer when i have to do a lot of reboots. Some say its a computer ..... yet i dont ever remember a reboot on my CTX?