Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Official Words from Minelab regarding EQUINOX battery

It is what it is now........ but im hoping RNB might step up on this issue for us. Got to love their batteries and chargers. Or maybe they will design a WATERPROOF attachment for recharging.

I love my RNBs. I don't see the problem here though. You can charge from the car, nice. I do believe I read you can use a portable battery storage/phone rechargers AND keep hunting while it is plugged in! Not perfect, but better than any one else is offering.

pasttom said:
I love my RNBs. I don't see the problem here though. You can charge from the car, nice. I do believe I read you can use a portable battery storage/phone rechargers AND keep hunting while it is plugged in! Not perfect, but better than any one else is offering.

Its a better option than you get from a DEUS with a flat battery.

Tom........ MOST you can charge from a car now days. But if it takes 5 hours to charge the the battery is a fairly large mah battery....... or thats one slow charger. We will just have to see how well they last....... especially after a year of my use. BUT..... i will say ML seems to use pretty good rechargeables. Even my ole blue 700 mah would run 4 hours before i decided to upgrade. I think its more tech...... its changing fast new gets old faster. You can bet one of us will come up with a way to add a battery thats water proof. I saw Steve H already had a fairly large battery for his attached behind the cuff for gold hunting.

Dew

So much fuss about this. I remember going crazy buying 9v batteries like crazy not too long ago. I like Lithium and I ain't Li-on!

pasttom said:
So much fuss about this. I remember going crazy buying 9v batteries like crazy not too long ago. I like Lithium and I ain't Li-on!
That's a good one :clap:

dewcon4414 said:
Tom........ MOST you can charge from a car now days. But if it takes 5 hours to charge the the battery is a fairly large mah battery....... or thats one slow charger. We will just have to see how well they last....... especially after a year of my use. BUT..... i will say ML seems to use pretty good rechargeables. Even my ole blue 700 mah would run 4 hours before i decided to upgrade. I think its more tech...... its changing fast new gets old faster. You can bet one of us will come up with a way to add a battery thats water proof. I saw Steve H already had a fairly large battery for his attached behind the cuff for gold hunting.

Dew
Just buy one of those USB battery sticks, you should be able to get through a full day then.

Not even out yet and we are worried about swapping batteries. SMH, will worry about that bridge when I get to it

Battery lasts 12 hrs. recharge time is 4 hrs. If you swing 8 hrs ( most cant) recharge time <4 hrs.
So start swinging at 8 AM til 4 PM. Plug in charger, go eat, have a few pops, & shoot the s***.
Probably good to go again about 7 PM.

Batteries are in the grip. Limited space. Move them to have longer life ( more or bigger bats) & you change the balance & overall weight.
You also have to do more waterproofing, a bit more weight maybe a few oz's. We all want balance & lightness !
Most want weight centered in the hand not at the ends..... If you shoot there can be a huge difference in balance. One gun will just
about fall into a good aim another is a bear to aim.

We want speed ! Speed = draw more current = shorter battery life.

Optional battery pack would be nice for a back up. BUT we want waterproof ! Keep on opening to change bats & there goes
the waterproofing.

enuf fer now
Tom in N.H.
LFOD !