Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

ohhhh - NOooooooooo

robinb

Just seen this about beach mode. (off minelab site)

I was hoping it would be able to be used in a selectable frequency.

Apparently not

I’m not a saltwater beach hunter but I’m pretty sure you need Multi Frequency for wet sand saltwater hunting..
You might be able to pick a single frequency in a different mode for the dry sand if you want.

Bryan

I appears to me that a beach mode usually ground balances to a lower point (0?) and reduces or modifies sensitivity to reduce or eliminate falseing so one can stand to hunt without the constant noise generated by salt and high mineral environment. Please correct if I am wrong here. So as long as the Equinox stays stable, hunt in any mode you like and when it get too hot go to beach multi.
I'll know more after mine comes...

Salt water - or wet salt, gives a strong signal return. Multi frequency (at the same time) detectors such as the FBS/BBS, CZ series and now Equinox are able to balance out that signal without having to reduce power. Most single frequency (at a time) Detectors lack the capability to exclude ground signal all the way down to salt. Even those which do have this capability mace to be operated at lower power settings in order to minimize noise from the salt signal.

Why is this bothering you? Have you ever seen a single freq that was worth a damn in saltwater? ALL saltwater detectors are PI or multi-freqs. It only makes sense that the beach mode would be multi. If you want a single freq, pic a different mode.

robinb said:
Dont think it will be as easy as that as the mode should be optimised for type of ground.

the mode isnt optimized for the ground, its for the target types of the mode. How are you going to say one park, field or beach is anything like another?

Jason in Enid said:
Why is this bothering you? Have you ever seen a single freq that was worth a damn in saltwater? ALL saltwater detectors are PI or multi-freqs. It only makes sense that the beach mode would be multi. If you want a single freq, pic a different mode.

This

Jason in Enid said:

fisher 1280 for one.

I used one of those for a long time. It would be a giant step backward for me. But if that's what you like no problem, If I'm correct I think Fisher still makes those.

Jason........ the Aqua Sound works VERY well here in Fl...... its a 14khz machine. If there isnt a ton of black sand its as good as any PI. Like someone said ....... if you want to hunt in a single freq switch to another program and do some adjustments....... but you still arent going to hunt in the wet/oatmeal worth a darn. Id personally like to have the machine running properly.....be it wet or dry. I was told it would run somewhat in 20Khz but looses depth of course. So ..... your question is how deep will one of these freq go that MIGHTget a chain? Takes you back to their brag..........it obsoletes other single freq machines........ there ya go.

dewcon4414 said:
Jason........ the Aqua Sound works VERY well here in Fl...... its a 14khz machine. ........ there ya go.

I've never heard of that brand. I'll have to look into it.

When you get it, Hunt It. Hunt the heck out of it and try all the stupid settings that you can dream up as well. We all know what Should work, but sometimes we don't all know everything (gasp!). Especially with a new machine, new tech/way of doing things. You don't know until you actually get to try a setting.

All I know is that on my ONE beach hunt I got a silver quarter from 8" in wet sand with a Vaquero. By wet I mean wave washed.

I don’t pretend to know anything about beach hunting of any kind. I DO know(and this should apply likewise to differing beach situations) that there are a multitude of hunting conditions on land for which the machine has to be set. How wide a range of conditions overall the Equinox performs well under will be the question(Conductive salts,black sand,volcanic ash,junky turf,nail ridden ghost towns...). I would guess once it gets out,after awhile we will know what it’s good at. For realz.