Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OK Here's proof the E-trac performs better

If I were you i'd try the auto a little more. I get good depth with auto without all the falsing. Remember, it has three channels of sensitivity. Try marking a signal at depth. Back off a good ways and swing up to the target in auto. Switching right over to auto won't tell you the truth because the ET needs to read the ground a little to set the suto sens, it will get higher sometimes as you hunt, (or lower). Then see if you hit the target in auto +3. I'll be interested to see what you think.

J

Mine is going back next week. Been too busy at work to call Minelab this week. I must admit, I don't run auto+3 enough. I have been running manual and cranking the sensitivity in relic mode. Has been good to me that way, but it doesn't make for trying new settings!! As soon as it comes back, I will post any depth increases if they happen. The E Trac is excellent in my trashy areas. It has found 3-4 extra silver coins in areas I couldn't hunt before, but not one of them deeper than 6". So, I look forward to seeing if Digitrich can see a difference with his. Can't wait for Andy's book to get some more pointers and a fresh look at this machine. Everyone seems to be getting different results with it. HH

Julien if your referring to areas like along where trains used to run Ive had good success with a sovereign in those spots but havent been back to try my explorer there. I couldnt find a thing with a shadow X5 or X3 I used to own in those spots but the sov worked really well.

Neil

Golddigger has the original XS and smokes all of us yet when those of us who might not have learned the Explorer quite as well bring the E-Trac along and find things just because it's more of a turn on and go machine that already sort of brings you up to a really good hunter with the Explorer's level. I think I said that right. You might have been too darn good with your Explorer and didn't need the help the E-Trac is offering those of us who didn't find the time needed to learn the Explorer perfectly.

I'm not sure I could ever convince Golddigger he needed an E-Trac unless I can show him something he can't see and identify with his XS.

It's good news for me and my spots and bad news for you and yours. Mine have probably targets left and you probably cleaned yours out. :)

Guvner..

The excessive deep iron falsing on my SE is in conductive tones using a tiny bit of iron mask (the way everyone use to hunt before the SE came out). This forced me into using ferrous tones and a wide open screen. It works good but I like IDing targets without having to look at the screen. Just hunting by the sounds in conductive tones is what I like to do. Thanks again.
BF

I struggled with the SE for a year and still was not really having fun with it but was making myself use it... a lot. It just never seemed to "click" with me. In the last month or so before I got the ET I started to use the SE in AM/ferrous and I started to understand it a little. The ET was fun right from the start though and I am finding good stuff with it. One of my problems was conductive sounds, multi tones, and shallow targets. That combination sounds like an electronic turkey.

J

I have a couple of spots. One is the site of an old depot. The other is right down the street from it. At both places the ground is black and soft, almost completely cinder. I hunted the yard down the street a couple of times and found nothing. I buried a penny, nickel, and dime about 3' apart. I buried then about 7" by inserting my Lesche digger then dropping the coin in, then pushing it down. Close the hole. Two of the three completely disapperaed. I checked them with the ET, SE, F75, and Tejon. Same result. I have not tried the Sovereign There, i'll give it a try. I know there have to be a Lot of targets there.

Thanks,

Julien