Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ok... Really!?!

Dig

If this is you seek help....right away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bu8_x3g6qNQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

A true Blooded Pirate!!

Gee, wonder how he did...........

He was scanning the ground at a brisk pace swinging fast with the coil at knee level :shrug:
I mentioned he might find more targets with the coil closer to the ground but he just kept jogging.
Now when i see these guys i just shake my head, laugh, and mumble to myself more for me.:rofl:

Mine is better than yours .....again, Who cares He's out there doing what he loves to do and he gets his machine in one week not 3 months ha ha

Actually on dry sand that is hunted regularly, moving fast with the coil well above the sand increases your chances of finding a valuable ring or watch. It cuts out the pulltabs etc. All MEtal mode on most detectors will allow you to move faster and this is the way to find recently lost items that have enough size to be valuable.

I used to go slower and lower on dry sand and I thought the ame thing until someone told me about the people who hunt with this method and that they consistantly find the big rings and watches. You can move that fast with a SovereignGT in AM if there isn't much trash. It may signal past the target but it will signal.

Julien

that's a machine for testing air pressure for the incoming hurricane, actually he has to lift it up higher to get a better reading :lmfao:

i would be going fast too if i was just about to get blown away?

AJ

He was AIR testing those flying coins...... cause he sure wasnt getting any of them off the ground. Surely he was headed for his truck and that was his getten out of Dodge pace.

Dew

i'm getting out tomorrow morning ....where was this guy ???

I don't see whats he's doing wrong. He's NOT swinging at "knee level", looks to be just above the sand. Fast swing, yeah, but that's not going to matter for 99% of targets. If you ever saw them testing coils at the factory, the test targets are on a rotator that floes past WAY faster than anyone swings a coil. I've seen "weed chopper" guys, that aint one.

LOL I just thought it was funny that everyone screaming....."Get away from the ocean!!!" and what do we see....a metal detectorist, just pluggin right along into the mouth of a hurricane. LOL

no guts no glory , hope he found somthing good , but he does face a bit of a risk in the rip tides,

do we know if he found anything???
at least he did try..
hh
john

Dig said:
LOL I just thought it was funny that everyone screaming....."Get away from the ocean!!!" and what do we see....a metal detectorist, just pluggin right along into the mouth of a hurricane. LOL
I agree Dig . . . you can scurry around in fear trying desperately to extend a life you haven't even learned to enjoy or you can prioritize LIVING life . . .misguided or not, I for one admire the focus and tenacity . . .hunt on !

I agree Dig . . . you can scurry around in fear trying desperately to extend a life you haven't even learned to enjoy or you can prioritize LIVING life . . .misguided or not, I for one admire the focus and tenacity . . .hunt on ![/quote]

:clap: