Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OK,what has been your favorite,pet, detector

Bowie

Maybe you dont have it anymore,as me;or maybe you do. It may not be the best (as we know ,one machine can excel at certain type of hunting type than an another machine) but one that always has a good feeling,memories for you. Mine was the XL Pro. That machine in a trashy environment was slow recovery, but many times I could massage a target out of the trash,lol, no joke. Probably just my confidence and some sort of mental love for it,lol.
Peace,
John

I would have to go with the old Fisher 1266x machine with the little 2.75" coil.

Ron in WV

I really liked my Whites Eagle Spectrum, but my best pet would be my E-Trac which I still have.

I have 2 actually, the TeSORO LST and my trusty old gold bug 2. When one won't shine the other always does the job no matter what the conditions-John

I have 2 machines that i consider worthy,one is my IDX Pro not sure exactly what is special about it but it gives me a tremendous amount of enjoyment when using it and constantly find coins/artifact etc,but i think the No1 slot in my selection would have too go on my original T2 which is about 10 years old,but its just a joy to use,lightweight,good all round performer,about one of the easiest machines setting up but it also has been the most productive,its found me more gold coins staters both full and 1/4 which are small and also sovereigns and my No1 find a superb George111 full Guinea and surprisingly enough most of these gold coins had been taken with the small 5'' coil and the Sharpshooter coil.

If i was only too keep 2 all round versatile machines it would be my IDX Pro and the no frills original T2.

Lets see, that's a tough one. Each of mine have been my fave at one time or another. My first, Whites 5900Di, my second Garrett Master Hunter 7, and my CZ 5. Loved them all and they all produced some nice finds.
I'm swinging an E trac now and love it but I'll have to give the nod to my Explorer SE Pro. It's that silver trill it makes, sends tingles up the spine.:)

Was the Garrett 1500 with Imaging, what a Quarter buster. It & I came back with heavy pouches many times.
Now the AT Pro. With the 5x8 coil, target separation, at its best. Just my opinion.

n/t

E-Trac...Sovereign GT.
Both have been awesome and very good to me. But the Sovereign has that something special that I can't part with or find any where else.

Having used over 100 models over the last 25-30 years a CZ has been my silver killer and used all he CZ models ever made. Explorer series sure was excellent also but a tad heavy...

Have to be a Hot CZ-3D. I have used them since the First run and always thought a proper one was like a Regular CZ on steroids. Have had a half dozen or so and finally got another Hot one I will not turn loose. Love the 4 Tone I.D. with adjustable Modulated audio. My Ireland made Etrac is a great Detector, But for pure raw depth the CZ-3D will edge it out. And I just love the Old Analog Audio as You can't get that from a Digital Detector.

c-scope Newforce R1 clean ground deepest detector ive had was running at 6.5khz with standard 10 inch concentric coil.Recovery speed was shockingly poor thou

I dont have a favorite really.
I suppose the machine i have had the most with and feel most at ease with was the X.Terra 705 , it found me over a few years many thousands of coins UK £ types and 15 Gold and many Silvers , I dont have 1 now because i am waiting for the Equinox which is the direct replacement for the Terra's. I think!
My other machines are all successful too.
As for a machine of the past which i wished i kept , that has to be the Red Heat XD 17 (not Micro) . It was made to order by someone who lived in Peckham London and his machines were brilliant but he passed away of Pancreatic Cancer on 6 November 2007 and i in a panic sold my Red Heat's . Pity.
You can see him testing 1 on Youtube . There was also the Tornado , the Mk1 and Mk 2 Red Heats and Mk4 Lightning and the Red Dwarf . He was going to bring out a new Tornado in the year he passed away but didn't quite get mine out to me before he died . Again pity.

My old Garrett Deep Seeker--1976---I have found well over 100 cannon projectiles from 6lb ball to 100lb Parrot. Nothing can duplicate that deep Hmmmmmmm.

Sovereign GT. One amazing detector!

Bowie:

Having given a lot of thought to your question.

My most enjoyable detector over the many years was the Whites Eagle II SL 90.

I don't know if it was the technology of the detector.The awesome finds I made, or the build of the detector.
Maybe it was all those things in one bundle.Might have been my age at the time( LOL) I have used many different detectors since.
Many very good ones.But have never experienced the shear joy I did using that detector.I couldn't wait to get out detecting every opportunity I had.
When I look back over my finds .....I always feel that pleasure I had when I used that detector.

Would be a Teknetics Mark 1 hip-mount. Then a Explorer II with 8" sunray coil. Both of these were great detectors and found lots of coins for me.

I've used many detectors over the years and have liked most of them, but the detector I bonded with best has been the original Teknetics Omega 8000. It's not perfect, suffering from EMI problems, but in the right areas it is a lot of fun to use and picks out good finds in trashy sites.

CTX with 17" coil,Explorer2 with 8" Sunray,IDXPro with stock 950 coil....in that order. But that's considering the kind of hunting I'm doing,if I were relic hunting or water hunting things might be different with different machines.