Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Okay, I'll put my two cents in......

kschae4

Got out New Year's day and found my second two cent piece since I took up the hobby. The 1864 had been soaking a couple of weeks in olive oil,as I try to determine if it is a small or large motto. Strange that it was found a couple hundred yards from an 1865 that I found 12 yrs ago. :shrug: TID on the 1864 was 36.
Also recovered : tw 1942 50 cal, 308 cal , top & bottom of round brass "thingy" , tool bag tag, '19 wheatie (tid 37-3:geek: Low density, relic mode. Thanks for looking.

Those old coins are getting harder to find these days!! Congrats:thumbup:

Congrats on a very nice find!

Howdy kschae4--

Congratulations on digging your 1864 2 cent piece! You, I imagine know this but for those who don't: the easiest way to determine if it is a Small Motto variety is if it has an extended leaf stem that touches the banner near the E in we. Regardless of which variety you have - the 1864 2 Cent Piece is an historic coin. It marks the FIRST appearance of the motto "In God We Trust"! Congratulations! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

sweet finds, I found a 2 center last spring , large motto 1864. As was said , a very historic coin. Congratz. The brass "thingy" has me stumped.

Thanks for all the kind words. Olive bath over and further cleaning revealed the large motto design...oh well, still glad to recover it.
Blind Squirrel, thanks for the suggestion. It was helpful, along with this link to id motto:
http://www.numissociety.com/content.php?156-The-1864-Two-Cent-Piece-Large-vs-Small-Motto

nice save on the 2 center! That is one coin that still on my bucket list...

Two Cent coins are always a great find - congrats !

Yes that is sweet. I have dug 2 of those and watched 3 more come out of our small town. Really gets the blood pumping when you dig a nice old, rare coin.