Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

OLD ABANDONED HOUSE

nomad

where do i start to find out who the owner is.i dont know if its county or or village limits?thanks-nomad

Quickest way would be to ask nearby residents!

I was in real estate for awhile and spent a lot of time manning the phones. They don't ring all that often these days. They can tell you in a minute who owns a piece of property. Then they'll ask you if you're interested in buying something like it and will want your contact information. They're trying to build up business for themselves but most are willing to help you out.

Tell them you're curious about a property. A good salesman will want your contact information. Give it to 'em. They've usually got bigger fish to fry and will not bother you much. If they do call you back it will be an opportunity for you to ask about other properties. When they ask you if you're interested in looking at some houses, say "Not right now but if I do, I'll call you first".

If you'd rather not do all that, go to your county office. Someone there will show you how to find the name of a property owner. It's public information.

Good luck.

Go to the county recorder of deeds. You need the address of the property or the address on both adjacent plots. Titles are public info. Use Google earth image for help. Neighbors could be helpful. Peace

where do i start to find out who the owner is.i dont know if its county or or village limits?thanks-nomad
Theres a great little app called regrid that gives you alot of info good luck

Look up and see if your county has a property valuation administration (PVA) online property search. Some counties also have online maps with a parcel overlay and you can select the parcel by map. Failing that, you should be able to look up the property by address. If the county is too poor to have an online search, you can go to the local county clerk’s office and do some research to find a parcel number or deed book and page number. Either way, that will tell you the property owner. You should be able to get a mailing address too.