Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old homestead hunt

Terra1959

gday :ausflag:

Nice day yesterday so I met up with a friend and we gained permission to hunt an old place that we have had an eye on.
Little calves were in that paddock and they followed us around a bit
We were told it was "hunted out" .....a big silver Florin, a silver ring and two big coppers we thought - HA - I've heard that before ;)
My friend got a small silver and 2x 1800's dog tags

T59

Nice finds and a great looking site. Thanks for posting both.

HH.....crispy

nice finds and nice pictures. i wish our winters were that green!

Phillip_in_NM said:
Cool finds! Is all of Australia that pretty?

HH

Phillip

Nah ...90 % is dusty desert :biggrin:
South Australia has had 2 consecutive years of good rains so the land is prime ATM
but it change to dusty dried up clumps of grass with a HOT Summer

T59

Great finds Terra!
Caught your article in the latest Gold gem and treasure, (great read) and its inspired me to work on a couple of my own. The only downside is letting other know how good the etrac is compared to other machines and the amazing stuff you can find..
Keep on swinging.

Hoover.

Thanks Hoover
so then... you must know my "other" pen name then :)
not too hard to figure out if you surf a couple of forums :biggrin:

Writing the half dozen articles that have been published has turned into an enjoyable interest and another aspect of metal detecting itself
Looking forward to Hoover's stories and finds :thumbup:

T59

wow that's a beautiful site and cows keep the yard mowed for you.

Nice hunt, I guarantee you... it still isn't hunted out. You can hunt that place for several years with different machines and one day you will find nothing, the next day you will find several nice keepers, then you'll find nothing a couple of times, then you'll find something truly amazing, then nothing, then a hand full of silver... that is the way it goes at a place like that if you can get permission to go hunt it anytime. If it is close by I would ask the owner for permission to hunt it.. and keep it as your "fall back" site. Hunt it yourself.
Make the owner a nice little display of cleaned up relics in a frame. I have an old pace like that where I can hunt anytime I want and the pickings have truy gotten slim but they keep coming and some days I make some amazing finds.

Plus... if that beautiful house was on my land I would restore it into the most amazing cottage you have ever seen. What a wonderful building, it looks like it is right out of middle earth!! Maybe one day you can buy it and five acres around it... what a great place that would be to retire and live in beauty. What state or country is this place in?

Julien

Julien

state = South Australia
country = Australia
outskirts of Adelaide - the capital city of S.A.

the owners very nice and my friend and I can go there again so long as we ask permission each time we go