Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old Homestead

Mason Jarr

After weeks of great weather I decided to go out and camp for a few days, only to have a snowstorm blow in on the second day and I had to head back to the house. This is not a place you want to get stranded in as it's some of the most remote country left in the continental US. I've been to this old homestead many times in the past, but don't know much about it....other than they had a hard life in that area. I believe it's from around the early 1900s. It's amazing that it's still standing, although it is starting to come apart. But, the dry desert air is pretty kind to these old sites. I'll head back out there, weather permitting, in a couple of weeks or so.

Beautiful. It's very peaceful and I could see myself gazing at it for hours and wondering what stories were told. That's a little piece of heaven. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Thanks for the kind words. Every time I got into that country it's hard to come back to civilization. It's such a peaceful place. It reminds me of the Dwight Yoakam song, "Thousand Miles from Nowhere".

I'm a thousand miles from nowhere,
Time don't matter to me.
'Cause I'm a thousand miles from nowhere,
And there's no place I wanna be....

It's in southern Idaho in the Owyhee desert. I did detect it. Found some relics, a 1912S Barber dime and 1919S wheat.

Yes, I can see why that song comes to mind. It sure is a beautiful place!

picture looks like a painting, and would look great hanging on the wall of your home. I like it, you really did great taking this picture! Kelley (Texas) :)