Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Old ring found today at a colonial site with the 600. Anyone seen one like it?

kevinnc

old ring.jpg

looks like a bronze US flag ring based upon what I can see in the picture. If found on a colonial site it would make sense. Looks like stars & stripes to me.

I could be wrong...! But rings are not made of Bronze, and never have been.? Just based upon the picture, I see copper and tin, and mostly copper. I think it's a KILLER. find. Good Find. It looks like 13 Stars....! And we all know what that means..!! I would seriously research this. Carefully count those stars.! That will give you an accurate date. Great Find..!! Glad to see your 600 Model is kicking butt..!

Last edited:
You maybe partially right. The Romans made bronze rings I have one the was found in England. You are probably right that maybe they weren't in the US. The reason I thought bronze was due to the patina. it looks like the bronze items we found in England. certainly could be copper as well.