Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Oldest silver coin I've found

AL KS

Got out today for two short hunt's. One at an old ghost town...found an 1883 IH and a 1918merc. Second place was a residence in a small town a few mile's away. Found two wheaties 55 an 56....1952 rosie...a head's or tail's coin..and this small 1844 1/4 republica mexicana coin. Tried looking it up to see what it was for sure but can't find it. That is my oldest silver coin so far. also the smallest coin i've ever found. Was using the 15x12 sef at both places. TTF at the ghost town (Goesforever's) set up. And Andy's coin program at the house. Thanks for looking AL

That is one unique and cool looking coin !
Maybe take it to your local coin dealer in person - most dealers have all the books and they should be able to ID it for you.
Please post a follow up if you do ID it !

HH --- Mark

Congratulations that is a fascinating coin, very nice finds. -- Randy

The coin is a 1/4 real or quartillo, and the mint mark is Mexico City no mintage quantity available value listed $6.50 in fine condition. An excellent find and a very nice coin!

Awesome finds Al! Thanks for the great pictures and congratulations on your newest "oldest" silver. Thanks Tony, for the run-down on that coin.

NebTrac

Itsy Bitsy teeny weeny is right. But cool none the less.

Rich (Utah)

that head I win token is a bit racey. Wheres that from?