Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Oldest silver to date

chadwick

Team jackwick had another exciting day in the field. I had a slow day some buttons and bullets. My wife had a scratchy signal 4'' down she pulled a nail and a rivet out then I hear it. Omg get over here and look to see the oldest silver we had in our collection. We have been hunting on a gentleman land for 3 hunts so far. One stipulation was we would give him anything we found. So far we have found 1853 0 half dime, 1839 matron large cent, 1857 flying Eagle cent, and a 1867 shielded nickel with a hole in it. We showed him the coins, he started to drool over the half dime but handed it back to my wife. He said if you wonderful people haven't showed up in my life I wouldn't of never had this in my hand. We both looked at each other with a smile. Long story short he gave us the large cent but he ask to keep the Eagle an Nickel. This hobby isn't about any one of those coins we found but the friendship we uncovered H H

You are some kind and generous folks! I'm afraid I would have had to go with at least a 50/50 split......I mean, you are the one with all the money invested in the locating equipment and the ones making the effort to find this stuff. But, whatever you think is fair and as long as you and the owner are happy with the arrangement.

Back on topic, great finds!! Congrats!!!

Sometime you gotta sacrifice a little to get a lot. Hunting on his land as we please the relationship we have with this gentleman is priceless. Today so many people are ruining it for other when it comes to hunting. As for us it's never been about the Value it's been about the adventure.

Hopefully your good relationship with him will open up other properties to hunt!

That's what happen Dr. Tone we asked about this old house one day. Then he tells us to come back this fall he has 4 other places. He said he has been on this land since 1935. He drove us out in the fields to show us where 2 old foundation where. He said after we find what we find he will take us to the other two. The urban railway also went through his land. It's been awesome so far not to mention this old guy owns a BOAT Load of land.

Great finds - great story - congrats ! :clapping:

You are right in what you are doing, no doubt. I wish you the very best for more success in future hunts!!

Kudos to you. A lot of the time when a landowner tells me that he/she wants the goodies that I find, or wants a large portion of them, I move on to greener pastures. I have too little time to spend detecting just to hand over my finds when I'm done. Don't get me wrong, I've given landowners lots of relics (even made showcases for a few) but when it comes to the rarer stuff.....I'm a wee bit selfish.
Great find on the half dime, by the way. I love finding those, would love to find them more often.
HH

Yes you are right silver if I said I haven't felt that way I wouldn't be honest. It was hard to hand over my Eagle cent but I have pics. As for this situation I look at it this way. I would have never found these thing if he hadn't gave us permission. If it had been a park that's a different story:)