Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Omega.....gold nugget /placer gold / black sand...how does it perform?

TerraDigger

Would appreciate anyone's experience/opinions of the Omega in the post's title categories. Especially depth of nuggets and their weight along with coil size used. What settings used that proved most effective/useful eg. discrimination, if any?
Thank you

TerraDigger said:
Would appreciate anyone's experience/opinions of the Omega in the post's title categories. Especially depth of nuggets and their weight along with coil size used. What settings used that proved most effective/useful eg. discrimination, if any?
Thank you

Good question! I would like to know this myself! Not to much black sand in Oklahoma! lol

I can tell you this, which has causeed me to re-think much of what we have been led to belive in the past. Far as I'm concerned, I believe what I can see.

Omega, having a fairly low freq. is not supposed to be good at detecting smallish gold.

However, at least in air tests it will hit a 0.16 gram "flake" at about 3.5 inches. a gold bug 2 for example, and comparrison, a machine designed speciffically for finding small gold (and a very high freq.) will hit the same piece at about 4 inches.

That's with stock coil, and of course little to no DISC. You can not use much (if any) DISC if you are serious about finding Gold.

I've been using Omega for 2 years now. I have access to everything including minelab. I like Omega, it is a very good, one-for-all machine.

Good luck out there.

Rick

Thanks Rick. The Gold Bug 2 comparison is illuminating:) Was the 'stock coil' the Omega or the GB2? What coil was used on the Omega for the gold flake test?