Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

On Storage Wars I Missed The Part Where He Found A Metal Detector. What Model & What Did They Appraise Or Get For It?

Critterhunter

Just curious what model detector it was and what they said it was worth, because I usually have no idea what the real value is of most of the things they come across and wonder if they are beefing up the prices on the show to make it sound better than it is in what they are getting out of those lockers. I know zero about antiques for one, so I always wonder when they say such and such chair or desk is worth X amount of money. I like the show and it seems legit so I doubt they do that kind of fakery, but just the same if I knew what model detector they found and what they said it was worth or got for it it would do much to strengthen my love for that show. One of my favorite shows. Way better than that other storage show...

Hmmmm...I'm tired so I might be mixing up the show names. The other one I don't like is like a bad episode of Jerry Springer (meaning all Jerry Springers), where they are always getting in fights and swearing at each other. That show is obviously staged with bombs going off or a naked guy locked in a cage. Really turned me off to watching that show, because how are you going to trust what they are finding as being real when they are pulling dumb stunts like that for ratings?

Either way, what model detector and what did they appraise/get for it? And, I'm sure they had an "expert" to appraise it. Did he say anything about the machine that you found flawed? I wish I would have caught that episode but only caught a glimmer of a second where the guy was using it.

It was a Fisher F75 Ltd. and they priced it at around $900 since it was used but looked to be in like new condition.

Sounds about right.

Thanks, sounds about right to me too. That further strengthens my love for that show and the belief that they seem on the up and up. Yep, just searched...Storage Wars. For some reason I was having a mental block. The other show is called Storage Hunters and that's the one I was talking about that I know must be rigged based on the fights and the strange things (like bombs or naked people) they find in lockers. If that is a real show, why would you blow it's credibility by pulling stunts like that, because now people will think the rest of the show is rigged too.

On Storage Wars, I love Barry the most. That guy is funny...

Storage Hunters is a joke, I agree.

And Barry, well, he's the man.

But I have to agree with the others on the show, Dave has kind of fallen off the radar this season when it came to showing up at auctions and then actually buying units.

You mean the "Yupp!' man? Because I always mix his name up with Darrell or whatever. The "Darrel" guy I like, but the Yup guy is kind of a real, well you know what I was going to say. I also don't care for that newbie that shows up once in a while who has an accent. Did you see him get all excited about a Ninetendo being worth thousands? I knew then the guy was a little bonkers.

I like Jarrod and Brandy.. I collect hotwheels so know most values, or approx values.. one time tho, they got a bunch of mass produced hotwheels.. he was like. These are $3-4 bucks each.. try 50 cents! If you're lucky! Turns out they went to the diecast convention, autographed them and sold them for 10 or $15 each.. make a killing and sold them all!

The show with Ton and Alan is Auction Hunters. I think that is staged. Every show they find either a weapon or a mode of transportation and the things always work and sell for big prices. But it is on Spike and that station is the home of American Diggers, I think it is called. "Boom Baby". I loved the show where Bob "the best in the business", digs a soda can and then whips it over his shoulder. And you can't leave an area exactly the way you found it, when you are busting up sidewalk and cutting down trees. As for Storage Wars, Dave thinks everyone should leave because he is there, Darryl has gone off the deep end and blames his son for every problem that comes up. Barry usually buys the first locker and damages all the cheap stuff looking for the big prize. And Jarrod would be broke if it weren't for Brandy. Who he treats like crap. She is the only halfway smart one on that show. Storage Wars Texas, is the best of the three, Mary and Jenny are both creative enough to turn trash into something profitable. Bubba and Ricky do a good job of bidding on what they see, and often score well on hidden items. Moe is hoarder and might be losing it. Vincent is a moron and deserves every beating he takes. JMO.

Have you been spending some time in front of the TV Dave? :devil:

I think I have probably seen all of them 6x. It is sort of what I do for a living now. Auctions not watching TV, that is.