Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

One Gold with the EQ

cjc

It's 18k, 9.7 gr.
Im experimienting with Gold 2, Disc 6+ to knock out the foils and micros.
clivesgoldpage.com
cjc

cjc said:
It's 18k, 9.7 gr.
Im experimienting with Gold 2, Disc 6+ to knock out the foils and micros.
clivesgoldpage.com
cjc

Nice ring. Won't you risk losing small chains and broken rings if you disc that high? Or is a calculation to deal with a local problem?

Nice Ring there Clive. Are you on location in the Caribbean this time of year? That looks like a 43 silver nickel you used size comparison. Is that one of the odd duck silver nickels Steve G is looking for?

Rich (Utah)

That's a local find (Toronto). Tought here lot of guys running AT Golds--thats why Im eperimenting with the EQ's G2--very nice depth and faint range. Numbers just arn't there down South right now--just the bargin hunters--needs the Eurotrash and Russians...
cjc

Jason, I run that way owing to the rarity of gold here --and the plentitiude of foils. It's a good, timesaving risk. If I was att a high end site where there are more likekly to be chains and earrings it woul be lower. This set up stabilizes the G2 as well--a trade off for the depth. I chose "6" because it seems to be good foil cut off--even those juice liners are knocked out. P2 in A/M / 50 Tone makes a good consistency checker for this set up too--to offset the micros and part iron stuff (pins, wire...). Super deep way to run the EQ and unlike the CTX black sand isn't a problem--major consideration in fresh water that is solved with the EQ's Gold prog weighting.
cjc
clivesgoldpage.com

so when do the reds and the euros hit the caribe? Maybe I need to start adjusting my vacations!

..high season--from December to the end of May. When the rates drop--its over...
cjc

very nice Gold Clive

did it read in the twenty's or do you remember i think maybe guess 21-22

was it masked or a deep leg breaker......looks like it may have been there a couple years not to many ....

finished a very good book tonight on the Equinox long read very intense first pass ...... written buy some Bloke in Canada ....Bloomin Genius...got the gold to back his

hand..... i think some one told me he be from Toronto or some small town way north ...... highly recommend it i usually get books from him autographed... but got this

from Robbie in the desert with a horse with know name felt good to be out of the rain.... gonna start on my Pros TWO then reread Equinox 2nd time of 3 ...hope to swing

mine tomorrow IQ800..with Shawn he loves his and he almost got as many ground whackers as me....

my oldest baby girl is a a chemical engineer she got me an 800 and printed out this nifty manual for old dad for fathers day....where i would not be leaving papers all

over the house..... well all this reading makes want go dig ......AGAIN Nice Ring ye ole scurvy DOG.....

[attachment 359352 IMG_1283517.jpg]

Happy trails
jimpugh ps Clive i sent you some phone text did you get them

Now i have to ask Clive...... why not use a CTX? Has your testing found the Nox hit on that somewhat larger gold better? If not..... they you can avoid a lot..... like bottle caps easier and just do a pattern. Most of my tests have all be air tests..... but they clearly show the Nox gets a bit more depth on the larger gold. But we know what air tests are worth. Or is it just the weight? Im not completely confident that the Nox WILL find smaller gold IN the salt water yet. But out of the water..... you do have other choices.... better choices for the smaller gold. Great ring there buddy.

Dew

Nice ring, i just recovered a 14k gold bracelet, and it sounded out as a 2 on the Nox 600 i'm glad i didn't disc out at 6 or i would have never found it. It was about 4" down in the wet beach sand.

I agree, Dew, the NOX hits the small gold better by land sea and air. But it also hits the flyspecks better which is why in testing Gold 2 I use some disc.
cjc

More of a test mode than any thing--to examine the super low foils a pulse would still do a better job. With the EQ the idea is to get the depth--P2 in all metal with 50 tones set to break at 0/2/3... is a good way to sift these marginal targets.
cjc

Thanks for your note Jimmy--ya taught me everything I knows. Why you are reading my book beats me. That ring is a lowly "16" a case for checking for wild numbers using the cross sweep--If I'd heard it in a park--suspect cap. (Kinda wish this machine would bring these caps into a narrrower range--maybe next incarnation). It was from the water though. Even got it wearing my "suck suit" (waders). Ya, Im North--so far North that no one swims untill August. Great lookiing manual--get your nose in there! There's a real lot in the tables--quite well laid out. The EQ is like anything--there's some frustration--then you learn something. then theres some frustration...then who knows--maybe you even find something...
Great to hear from you Jimmy. Still got these three--pride of the fleet....bet you I've found $30,000 scrap prices with the Cuda--.easily. And no, you can't have 10%--Ive tried it with my readers none have coughed up yet...
Kind Regards,
clive

jimpugh said:
very nice Gold Clive

did it read in the twenty's or do you remember i think maybe guess 21-22

was it masked or a deep leg breaker......looks like it may have been there a couple years not to many ....

finished a very good book tonight on the Equinox long read very intense first pass ...... written buy some Bloke in Canada ....Bloomin Genius...got the gold to back his

hand..... i think some one told me he be from Toronto or some small town way north ...... highly recommend it i usually get books from him autographed... but got this

from Robbie in the desert with a horse with know name felt good to be out of the rain.... gonna start on my Pros TWO then reread Equinox 2nd time of 3 ...hope to swing

mine tomorrow IQ800..with Shawn he loves his and he almost got as many ground whackers as me....

my oldest baby girl is a a chemical engineer she got me an 800 and printed out this nifty manual for old dad for fathers day....where i would not be leaving papers all

over the house..... well all this reading makes want go dig ......AGAIN Nice Ring ye ole scurvy DOG.....

Happy trails
jimpugh ps Clive i sent you some phone text did you get them

"there's some frustration--then you learn something. then theres some frustration...then who knows--maybe you even find something..." Now theres a statement worth repeating. You have to admit Clive...... it is a fun machine..... lot of capability and a lot of ah ha moments.