Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

One last question to V3 and V3i owners

NormS

I have decided i am going to bite the bullet and buy a new V3i. I often times over think things especially when buying something I want. I do way to much research sometimes but I want to know the good and bad of what I buy. I have spent at least 3 hours a day for the past two weeks researching the V3i. I have probably read 500 posts on this site and other detecting sites. I have watched countless videos of the V3i. I read comparisons to other detectors from owners of the V3i and other top detectors.

I have even scanned the for sale ads for the V3i. This was probably the most interesting research i did. I looked on this site, ebay and other detecting sites. What I noticed is there are very few V3i's for sale. I would never buy a used one anyway but my take on this is if there aren't many for sale then that means V3i owners love what they have. I looked at for sale ads for other top detectors so i could compare. I loled at ads for the ctx, etrac and ATP and Deus. There are far fewer V3i's for sale than any of the other detectors.

My conclusion is this if you own a V3i you probably love it knowing there is no better detector for the money.

Now my question, if you own a V3i do you wish you would have bought a different brand because you feel there is one out there that out performs the V3i in the same price range. I am not interested in a different brand because of my research and mostly because of the support you V3i owners have.

You sound like the perfect V3i owner, someone who really loves the research. I own a range of detectors and have never once regretted buying my V3i, not for a moment. Keep researching and learning, you will not be disappointed, I promise.

when I went to buy my V3I I was going to buy new but, Mary at whites gave me a local dealers number that had some refurbished v3i and I ended up getting mine for 1100 w/wireless head phones and rechargeable battery pack and regular battery pack and a full 2 year warranty. the V3I I received was packaged like a new md and had not one scratch on it looked to be a new machine even a coil with no scratches just a little dirt on the shaft they missed. I think if this is a option you might like to go, you can call Mary at whites and she will give you a number w a dealer with these refurbished machines. I bought mine last Nov.( a year ago and love it) ,not positive the price will be the same but a great deal and I could never tell it was not new. hope this might help you save a little

I've had mine just over two years and it's been without a problem. If you have anywhere to put a test plot in or at least a few targets at known depths this will help you learn it and find what settings work best in your soil. Consider a smaller coil and a larger one to get the most out of its versatility. I really like the 10x12" SEF coil and you can look up threads on that here. Good luck & HH!
Bruce

Thank to those of you that confirm what I already know. I even have my wife convinced that the V3i is a must have. I have not read where anyone has said V3i won't do what it is advertised to do.

I really appreciate the feed back i have received. I just may bite the bullet a bit sooner than this spring.

NormS said:
Thank to those of you that confirm what I already know. I even have my wife convinced that the V3i is a must have. I have not read where anyone has said V3i won't do what it is advertised to do.

I really appreciate the feed back i have received. I just may bite the bullet a bit sooner than this spring.

My detector payed for itself within a yearly and did so with considerable authority. I was out with many different detectors and not one provided me with as much information as the v3i. Its really crucial to have as much information as possible as to what is in the ground. With our short day trips or limited time at locations its necessary to be choosy as to what we spend our time digging. Every other detector paled in comparison.

Thanks again for the encouragement burlbark. It can be hard to bite the bullet when my ATP returned $89 in the month of Nov. When I counted all the coins and the 6 rings I found in Nov I had to ask myself if the V3i was going to be worth the investment. I have not changed my mind but it would be quite easy to do so considering what I found in Nov. I may just go ahead and buy one before Christmas so I can learn a lil about it. I am going to Costa Rica for the month of Feb and Jan is usually to cold to hunt here in the St Louis area.

:detecting: whites v3i owner and i must say the v3i is the machine to have but be ready to have your socks blown off by AWESOMENESS HAHAHA

Thanks, I am definitely going to purchase one. I know the perfect learning ground. I have plucked over $40 with my ATP there and know there is a lot more to be had.

Heck i have have the wife convinced i need one.

The v3i is just the best and the Whites company can't be beat for service I never regret my purchase of the V3i
Don

I am just like you and spent countless hours everyday reading and watching everything there is online. I was wondering what everyone else who is in the market for a top of the line detector the etrac or the V3i and after all the research I did in the end I decided on the V3i for these reasons 1.The V3i had a color screen (doesn't make it perform better but hey the etrac doesn't have a color screen) 2 The V3i has optional wireless headphones, the etrac did not. 3 The V3i comes from one of the best companies that gives some of the best if not the best customer support and service in the industry, if something does go wrong you can rest assured that whites will fix or replace your unit for free sometimes even if it is out of warranty, if it is out of warranty and you do have to pay the price will be totaly reasonable, I just called today and asked how much it would cost for them to replace the buttons and the trigger and they said less than 30$ (I hunt a lot 3-8 hours a hunt 3 or more days a week and I pause my detector every time I dig, It hasn't failed yet but I know I have pressed the menu button more than 25,000 times and I'm sure one day the button wil fail. So the botom line is the V3i is just as good at detecting as an etrac ( I personaly think it is better at its job than the etrac) and it has all of the above on top of what the etrac has, IT IS THE BETTER DETECTOR!!

I don't care about the price I just care about having the best detector.
I bought a second V3i about 6 months after my first one, if that says anything.
I use the 6X10 about 70% of the time and I use the 12X10 S.E.F. 30% of the time.
I sold one of the 10" stock coils and kept the other one for a backup to my SEF (I just like it better)
I also have two Garret Pro Pointers. I have to have a backup.

I hope this helps.

Hi Silver, Is the D2 coil heavier than the 6x10 coil? I am getting a 6x10 to go on my VX3, and hope that it is lighter than the D2.

Coil Weights
801-3239 - 4X6 (elliptical DD) (12.5 oz)
801-3240 - 5.3 (13 oz)
801-3228-1 - 9.5 (16 oz)
801-3241 - 6X10 (elliptical DD). (16.5 oz)
801-3238-1 - 10 inch DD (17.5 oz)
801-3235-1 - 12 inch (22 oz) 8X14

The only people that do not like V3i are people who do not know how to use it ( to lazy to learn ) PS:
If you have any experience with White's XLT it is a breeze to learn

I just bought a v3i and I am just now reading the manual. I will be taking it with me to MS this weekend and will start out with standard programs just to get used to it. I am certain it is everything everyone says it is. Again for one to get the most out of any detector you must become proficient with it. Hopefully by next year at this time I will have a few things to brag about. I have never owned a Whites but I think it will be easy enough to learn. I am really excited over the possibilities. I had my mind made up a month ago and the my desire to purchase one got stronger everyday. Now i have it and I know it will be trying until I understand it well enough to started developing my own programs for what i like to search for. I have some great older relic sites and of course the bread and butter coin and jewelry sites.

I never dug much over 6" with my ATP because it was unreliable over 6". I had always intended to go back to several sites I knew had deeper targets but I did so well at other sites with targets 6" and under I never felt the need to. Now I feel I have a chance at those deeper targets and the places I know that have some deeper targets I plan on hitting soon.

Again I am excited and my fingers are itching to get started.

NormS said:
I never dug much over 6" with my ATP because it was unreliable over 6". I had always intended to go back to several sites I knew had deeper targets but I did so well at other sites with targets 6" and under I never felt the need to. Now I feel I have a chance at those deeper targets and the places I know that have some deeper targets I plan on hitting soon.

I'm new to the V3i also but have put many hours on XLT's in the past, what I've done with the V3i is use a stock program, and just bump up the gain and disc sens. This will give you more depth over the stock settings. I run them as high as I can while keeping the machine stable. There are other settings to help with sweep speed etc. and they are pretty simple but if you want to take it slow just use the stock coin/jewelry with the gain and sens adjustments and it should give you a good bit more depth with just those 2 simple adjustments.

I Dig WV said:
Y'all got me sold on the V3i.....thanks for the reviews....

I am loving it so far. Still struggling to learn it well but the stock programs are so good it's hard to change them

I learn more each time I go out. being my first year. I have 40 hours on my machine. I usend a stereo mixed and it helps me find the hard targets that are mixed with the trash. I found a 1913 wheat under a root about 4 inches surrounded by trash using my 6x10. Already hunted this yard at least 4 times. But first time using stereo mixed mode on this yard. I can hear the junk in my left and good in right and look at the display to see the good popping on the right as the rejected red is on the left at the same time. That was how I found the missed 1913 penny.

After more than a year of using two other high end detectors from two different manufacturers I decided to buy another V3i.

'nuff said.