Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

One Little Two Little..............

Nancy-IL

We were out and about in Kewanee and we were on our way back to the camper and I noticed a gentlemen mowing a "for sale" yard. I had Larry turn around and he went to ask about detecting it. It was the gentlemen's home and he was very nice. We had that yard to detect and then the back yard of the other house next door.

With detector in hand, I started on the right of the sidewalk leading up to the house. I spent over an hour just in that area.

Had a really good signal and I pulled the plug back and dug a bit more then I found the an Indian. I put the plug back in, swung my detector over it again and it went off. I opened the plug, dug the dirt out again. Sure enough, there was another Indian cent. Again, I checked the hole and sure enough, another Indian cent. YAHOO!!!! Three little Indians. (That's why you always check your hole twice, three times in this case.) Years are 1899, 1905 & 1906. I was very excited.

The "Sterling" thimble was one of my favorite finds. That's the second silver thimble I've found. The Barber dime is a 1906-D. A small handful of Wheat cents, 1909, 2-1910, 1914, and 2-1918, 1930 (which the 1930 came from another place).

The pedant was a 14K Plated, "Seal of the State of Illinois" with the date. Not real old but still a cool find Thanks Don!!! What a nice man.

I hope others were out and about.

[attachment 347365 20170705_094753-1-1.jpg]

HH,

Nancy

Congratulations on some GREAT finds honey :clapping:

Chestnut St.? Oh WOW! Good guess Bill.