Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

One off the list! :super:

TroynSon

Found this dainty little pocket watch about 2 inches down while hitting a long curb strip at a old park today. Unfortunately I could not locate the back even though I searched the area well. So I do not have much info on it. I believe the little writing on the one piece states something about being a function of the watch. Can't read it very well. Advanced Retard maybe.

Anyway that's a first for me! Thanks for looking, HH!

This must be the season for pocket watches........:biggrin:

Congratulations on the watch find Troy.

Fantastic find Troy! I LOVE seeing those pocket watches come out. Like Daryl stated, it's unusual to find a whole watch. Love the daintiness of it. HH,Nancy

Congrats on your watch and one more off your bucket list. :clapping:

Thanks everyone! I did a little research and the workings on this watch look very similar to a maker named, Patek Philippe, a very fine Swiss watch maker. The writing says, Avance, on top and Retard on bottom. It is in engraved in a fine handwritten style exactly like many pictures I have found on Internet of these pendant watches by this maker. Very small amazing craftsmen ship inside these watches.

I know it is worthless in this condition but if it was a Patek Philippe in working order it could have been quite pricey.

I wouldn't say "worthless", but would say it's a piece of fine craftsmanship even in it's condition, you can only imagine how pretty it would have been when it was in use. Great find Troy. Every piece of artifact/jewelry/relic can tell a story and sometimes that's priceless. HH, Nancy

Very cool I enjoy the artifacts that give you something to research as much as an old coin any day.
Neil

Keep a WATCH out for your SECOND one. They make a good relic item in a display along with buttons and jewelry. There is a story behind every find.