Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

One thin dime

Larry (IL)

Oh Yea, 1838 in pretty worn condition but still a beauty to me. It is the no drapery, tilted shield varity that carries a small premium. Other finds was a 1904 Indian Head and 4 early wheats. :biggrin:

Way to go Honey! I think it's a beauty too! It was awesome to see that smile on your face when you did the "spit" wash and saw it was a seated dime. :twodetecting:

After seeing Larry's finds for the day, I thought it only fair to show you what I found. Larry and I have always wished each other good luck before we hunt. :cheekkiss: Well, this time I thought he said "Dig all the junk". So, since I'm the wife that listens to all he says, here's my finds for the day! :blink:
[attachment 335747 001_1.jpg]

And no, I didn't even get a wheat cent, I did come home with a whopping $.14. :surrender: I've NEVER dug so much trash before and such a small amount of clad. :rant: Next time I'm going to listen more closely to what he says. :rofl::rofl: NOT! HH, Nancy

You almost got BUSTED, very nice find. Wave it near Nancy's coil and see if it sounds off. Her detector might be sick. :devil:

Nancy-IL said:
After seeing Larry's finds for the day, I thought it only fair to show you what I found. Larry and I have always wished each other good luck before we hunt. :cheekkiss: Well, this time I thought he said "Dig all the junk". So, since I'm the wife that listens to all he says, here's my finds for the day! :blink:
[attachment 335747 001_1.jpg]

And no, I didn't even get a wheat cent, I did come home with a whopping $.14. :surrender: I've NEVER dug so much trash before and such a small amount of clad. :rant: Next time I'm going to listen more closely to what he says. :rofl::rofl: NOT! HH, Nancy

Ok, yea it looks a bit trashy, but the lipstick case is nice.

Thanks! I thought that was the best find for the day also. I got it opened too and it's quite heavy for as small as it is.

Thanks Daryl. How did you two do with the Geode hunt? We wanted to go but work got in the way of the adventure.

Larry (IL) said:
Thanks Daryl. How did you two do with the Geode hunt? We wanted to go but work got in the way of the adventure.

We only brought back one bucket full. Some of the people brought back three to four buckets.

We started digging in the good area we usually hunt but soon found out that the vein of geodes had run out there. There were quite a few people at the dig site and not a lot of room to work so it took us a while to get back into a better area.

Maybe we can still go again before winter gets here.

Thanks for the comment Bill and It's nice to have the President of the club participating in the club forum. :thumbup:

Hi Tom, thanks for the Kudos and good luck in the fields. Yup, harvest is upon us and about time to hit the fields again, I sure miss the deep plowing they used to do. That brought new life every year but it is getting harder and harder to find something new in the fields that we have been hunting.