Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

One year with the Nox 800

utmike

Received the Nox 800 with the small coil last August. I hunt the mining ghost towns and demos more than anything else and they are always loaded with heavy trash and iron.

Didn't set any silver records but had one of my best years ever finding trade tokens. Also got my first trime and 2 cent piece. Hit the parks and schools a little and was rewarded with 3 gold rings.

I pretty much stick with Field 2, 5 tones, recovery 5/6 and 0 bias.
I've been surprised how many good targets had iron in the hole with them.
I'm sold on the Nox, it seems to incorporate alot of the things I liked about my Xterra and ETRAC.
That being said, the machine feels less "solid" than the Minelab quality I've come to expect. I hope it holds up to the test of time, it's a fun detector.

It’s definitely a fun detector!
New records do not have to be silver. I’d love to see all your trade tokens. Yes the ability to “see” non-ferrous mixed in with ferrous is incredible with the equinox!!
Just be careful not to close up the hole before retrieving your target! You might think, “ these bent nails sounded good!”
Nope it wasn’t the nails doing that lol
The good target is still yet to be found!
I have had this happen to me many times this year. Here I am thinking I pulled out 4 nails and that’s what gave the high tone.
I kept on probing with my pinpointer and sure enough I finally find the real culprit: a silver coin.

Back to your post, sounds like you had a great year including gold jewelry and a trime!!!! They are tiny little coins aren’t they? 😂

One last thing in what I discovered about that little coil: it may not apply to you in your soil, but try testing on some planted targets ( such as a dime) at 8”.
I used park1, sensitivity:23, iron bias:F2-0, and most importantly recovery at 3. Wow! That little 6” coil would smack my clad dime at a measured 8” in my coin garden.
Once I increased the recovery to 4, the signal started breaking up and at recovery of 5, that 8” coin was gone. See what settings work best for you for depth. The 6” coil also separated the best at a lower recovery speed too. Congratulations on a great year of fine treasures 👍

"Fun" is a word that describes it well. I also wish it was better made but I wonder what the cost would be on it's price tag and in the way it feels (super light and balanced).

It’s definitely a fun detector!
New records do not have to be silver. I’d love to see all your trade tokens. Yes the ability to “see” non-ferrous mixed in with ferrous is incredible with the equinox!!
Just be careful not to close up the hole before retrieving your target! You might think, “ these bent nails sounded good!”
Nope it wasn’t the nails doing that lol
The good target is still yet to be found!
I have had this happen to me many times this year. Here I am thinking I pulled out 4 nails and that’s what gave the high tone.
I kept on probing with my pinpointer and sure enough I finally find the real culprit: a silver coin.

Back to your post, sounds like you had a great year including gold jewelry and a trime!!!! They are tiny little coins aren’t they? 😂

One last thing in what I discovered about that little coil: it may not apply to you in your soil, but try testing on some planted targets ( such as a dime) at 8”.
I used park1, sensitivity:23, iron bias:F2-0, and most importantly recovery at 3. Wow! That little 6” coil would smack my clad dime at a measured 8” in my coin garden.
Once I increased the recovery to 4, the signal started breaking up and at recovery of 5, that 8” coin was gone. See what settings work best for you for depth. The 6” coil also separated the best at a lower recovery speed too. Congratulations on a great year of fine treasures 👍
I have always said that that little six inch NOX coil hits deepest of any 6" coil I've seen. It hit the deep 7 and 9 inch coin garden dimes just like you are seeing. "Looks is deceiving."

I have always said that that little six inch NOX coil hits deepest of any 6" coil I've seen. It hit the deep 7 and 9 inch coin garden dimes just like you are seeing. "Looks is deceiving."
I agree with you and JimmyCT, the little 6" packs a punch. I've hit coins and desirable targets that were every bit of 8" with it.

I also wish it was better made but I wonder what the cost would be on it's price tag and in the way it feels (super light and balanced).
I wouldn't think the over all cost would have to be all that much higher to have thicker/stronger coil ears, better shafts and be leakproof. Seemingly better quality on the front end would have saved money from all the replacements of coils and units, not to mention the hassle involved. But, ML probably had it all figured. HH jim tn

I agree on the build quality, I sent 4 different in units back for replacement. It was frustrating, but, the Nox has it where it counts and thats what's important to me. After over 3 years of swinging it, I still get surprised at it's performance. I have both the Legend and Deus 2 on order, but, its gonna take a very special machine to get me to switch.