Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Opinions, which is preferred 6x8 SEF or X-8 Sunray?

Well----I've had them both (two or three times):tongue:-----What I've seen in those two coils & IMO----The X-8 is deeper & gives a better tonal hit-----The 6X8 SEF gets a tad bit better separation.----According to my scales---the X-8 weighs 16 oz. (with coil cover)----the 6X8 weighs 18 oz. (with coil cover).----I ended up keeping two X-8's & sold the 6X8" SEFs.-----To make a long story short---I prefer the X-8 but both of those coils are excellent mid-sized coils, I've found a lot of silver with either one of 'em.-----------Del

Never used the 6 x 8 SEF but I've heard nothing but the best about this coil from the people that have them.
From the posts I've read - a lot of people use the 6 x 8 as their primary coil.

I got my SunRay Stealth X-8 about a year ago - I love it.
As mentioned above - it will get more depth than the 6 x 8 because of the extra width.

I prefer the 6x8 over my stock coil and believe there is only about one inch loss in depth, I keep mine on 95% of the time

The Sunray X-8 is my Favorite all around coil for the Etrac. I had a SEF 6x8 and didn't care for it as heavy not as deep as the X-8 and to not much Separation difference.

Thanks, all that responded, you helped me quite a lot. I favored the X-8 too, and that's my choice.--Wade

For Illinois soil 6X8 would be best choice.Best for separation in junk X8 is too big might as well use pro coil better to buy X5 if in real junk or buy another brand of detector for hunting in real junk.