Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Opinions??

Manticore really shines where there is lots of iron. It can spot the goodies in-between. I'm waiting to try my big and small coils

Nice machine good quality, if you can afford it a step up above the 800 & 900 supposedly. All good choices. I also went with the WM09. Just did the update & got the smaller coil. Anxious to get back at it. Tired of cabin fever.

I have an Excalibur 1000 and a White's Surf Pulse PI. Thinking of getting an Equinox 900. Not sure it's worth it for what I do, mostly knee to chest deep saltwater hunting for gold and jewelry. The Excalibur does a great job but thinking of the nox 900 for travel ease and newer technology. Thoughts? I dirt hunt with a White's DFX.

I was looking at new machines in December and was pretty interested in the Manticore and Deus II. I purchase an Equinox 800 mainly due to the price difference. I'm interested in a potential upgrade at some point, but for now I feel like I am set up pretty well with the 800 and I repaired my 13 year-old Excal II. The repair ended up being a lot less expensive than replacing with a different machine.

I like both my machines for different reasons.

The excal ii is great in the water and I enjoy listening to the tones without the screen, personally I think it is easy to use and adjust - but it's heavy. I got it when I was 32 and the weight was not a big deal, at 44 it's becoming a heavy machine to swing for a long time... maybe I need to hit the gym?

The nox 800 is very light compared to the excal, and works well in a variety of conditions. I've had some EMI issues that make certain areas I would like to hunt very difficult. I'm still learning it, but having fun with the machine.

I'm interested in a new top tier machine, but have decided to stick with what I have for now. Most of my hunting is on the beach with occasional relic and park hunting mixed in. Good luck with your research and purchases. TGIF

I have an Excalibur 1000 and a White's Surf Pulse PI. Thinking of getting an Equinox 900. Not sure it's worth it for what I do, mostly knee to chest deep saltwater hunting for gold and jewelry. The Excalibur does a great job but thinking of the nox 900 for travel ease and newer technology. Thoughts? I dirt hunt with a White's DFX.
I'd stick with the excal for water hunting in saltwater. I used both the deus 2 and 900 last summer and did ok but my buddy used the excal all summer. He smoked me and everyone else. Lots of guys here have 900s. Im thinking about getting another excal . They just seem to work better in the water.