Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Osolating pinpointing

Silverblooded

I know I spelled it wrong but here it goes. The past 2 days my pinpoint mode osolates real bad.My pinpoint is VCO. I met up with another V3 user at the local park and his pinpoint was smooth. We compared settings and nothing was too different in our settings. No wires overhead either. I changed coils and no difference. I restored the programs (coin) and no difference. Battery was over 11.00 and I wasn't running hot with it.Has anyone else have this happen?

I still found a 1900 indian head penny 2'' from the surface in a well worked out park. I told this guy that I don't dig pennies because of my back and I decided to dig this one and BINGO!!!! Oh what a fool I "was". Yup, gonna dig those pennies now...

I have never heard of an oscillating pinpoint and if your buddy's V didn't do it, a call to White's service might be in order.

Could it have been EMI? An oscillating pinpoint would seem to fit an EMI problem. Do you hear anything similar in Search mode?

Note: should have read your post a bit better...hmmmm...I don't know...Larry's suggestion sounds prudent.

Do you carry any electrical devices with you when you hunt? Any metal in your shoes?

Ive had it happen,but only when in close proximity to overhead power lines.

Did you have anything on you like a cellphone or a different sort of pinpointer that could possibly have been turned on without you realizing it? A pager? Anything. Next time try using the other V3 for a pinpoint to rule out any interference that might be coming from something else you carry.

Just a thought...

Julien

Sometimes, it may be my imagination, but I swear my pinpoint gets weird when I use my Wireless HP. Now, the electronics whizzes may correct me on this, but why not try a different frequency on your Wireless HP. Also, was your friend using Wireless HP?

My partner and I both use the V3 with the same coil and similar settings. Sometimes only one goes crazy with interference and the other is fine. No idea why, perhaps frequency offsets are different? There are so many settings to mess with, even with gain/disc/frequency selection and filter set the same, the machines can still be "thinking" and seeing very differently. :)

Taterhead

I don't use wireless headphones, no headphones at all. I tried it with and without a cellphone in my pocket. Same situation. I called Todd at Whites and he never heard of this either. I let him listen to it over the phone and he told me to exchange it for a different one from my local dealer. That is like pulling teeth because my local dealer is too lazy to answer questions and tells me that I have to send it back to Whites myself, he did this to me the last time I had a problem with my V3. When ever I have questions he tells me to contact this other V3 user here in town to answer my questions. What a loser. If he does this to me again I'm going to tell Whites about him.

Okay guys, thanks for the input. A call to my stealer, uhm dealer is in store.

Silverblooded.

What a loser. If he does this to me again I'm going to tell Whites about him.

Do us all a favor and report him now. I only wish I had a decent dealer that was close. I have a decent dealer he is just not close.[attachment 161362 Reading.gif]Rob

WOW!!! I just got off the phone with him and he said that 7 out of 8 V3 users returned them because they didn't like them. What he is doing is he is returning $200 and giving them a DFX in exchange for the V3. What a turn around for this dealer. Maybe he's changed his way.

I love my V3 so I think maybe I'm going to send it back to Whites for a check up (I think) and resort back to my XLT for the time being. What would you guys do? Considering the V3 has way more options and is a powerfull machine, would you guys go back to a DFX?

I wonder if Whites knows about these un-satisfied customers?

Anyways, name the pro's and cons of owning a DFX and V3. I never owned a DFX so I'll need help on this one.

Thanks once again!
Silverblooded.

I don't believe that 7 out of 8 return the V3 because they don't like them...........that's a bunch of BS. Who did you talk to, Todd at White's or your local dealer?

I don't think he has changed his ways. He is just handing you a line of BS and you should call Whites and let them know the crap he is spreading. Does it look like we would have this many people on the forum if 7 of 8 people where going back to a DFX? I'd also like you to take note how many of our forum members used to have a DFX.

When I first got my V3 they sent version 1.1. My dealer sent it back to get the 1.3 upgrade not me. That's what good dealers do.

[attachment 161384 Reading.gif]... Rob

n/t

Okay, why was I locked out!???Somebody want to explain that?

Larry, the local dealer was the one who said 7 of the 8 people who bought the V3 returned them, not Todd Marshall, re-read my post(first paragraph). I told Todd the story of the local dealer and he laughed. Todd is sending me a new unit 2 day express. HOW COOL IS THAT!!!!

rcasio44, I know people are not going back to the DFX. I never said they were.

You guys are acting like I'm the one who said all of this......like your takeing it out on me. I'm not the one who said it, just telling you guys what my dealer said!

So now, why was I locked out of the forum??????? If someone has a problem with me (if there is) then E-mail me off list.If you guys think I'm BS'ing or something like that or I pissed you off then e-mail me off list. No reason to tell the moderater to lock me out. I'm here to learn like the majority of the subscribers. If I said something that pissed someone off then tell me-OFF LIST!!!!

So for now I have to wait for an email telling me why I was blocked from posting or reading MY POST after trying to sign in. If it was a glitch then no problem, sorry for the ranting, you can imagine I'm a little PO'd right now, I depend on you guys to help me out with this. If someone complained about me then they surely didn't go about it in an adult manner!!!!!

SILVERBLOODED

I don't have your email. I sent you a PM.

rcasio44, I know people are not going back to the DFX. I never said they were. Reread my post, I never said you did either, I was just pointing out facts showing what your dealer said was bogus. Rob

I think LAZY is the correct assumption. Most dealers are not and give true service. Too bad that is your dealer but never read anything said that was enough to get so touchy about. (Regroup....this forum works hard to help.) I say let Whites know immediately. Plus....seen nothing "adult" about your post.

(Sorry....Just had to say it.)

That's fine everyone. My apologies if I upset someone. I just don't see why I was locked out. I think from now on I'm going to deal with Whites directly and be more specific when I post something so as to not create confusion. It happened once before( my fault also).

So now it's just a matter of time for the V3i to come in the mail.

HH everyone.
Silverblooded.

Apology accepted. We are here to help you understand and use your V3/V3i, share in your joys of finding some "goodies" and hope one day you will help others with their problems. I'm sorry about your problems with your "dealer" and that is a problem best resolved between you and White's.

:clapping: :clapping: Glad all is well. Let's get those V's working. Rob

Still locked out, permanantly. Just got a letter from support that says this:Way too many complaints about your posting conduct on that forum. You left
us no choice but to stop your access to that forum.

More than one complaint gets you booted I guess, if there was more than one.....

See ya

I'm back now....yeehaaaaa!!:clapping:
Did you guys miss me???? Do you still love me???(JUST KIDDING):inlove:
Will let you guys know when I get the V3i in the mail and see how it works out. Like I said before, Todd at Whites is real cool about exchanging detectors.

HH
Silverblooded