Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Overlaying images on Google Earth:Part1

Forget it....I downloaded it anyway........NGE

Yeah, Vista and windows 7 are that way,and 7 wont even let you install things on the cd drive without telling it you are sure you want to do it! LOL

LabradorBob

I guess great minds think alike! I've been doing this for a while and made a similar "how to" for using Google Earth and old maps, but did'nt add the part about pinning your location, good tip...
You can see it here if you want:

http://www.metaldetectorfun.com

Chuck

Very informative post thank you! I know this thread has been here a while but I just ventured here. I don't know if this has been posted here before but its a great addition to GE. With this link you can have topos some as old as the 1800's for allot of the country.

http://www.gelib.com/historic-topographic-maps.htm

Hope this helps some!
Digit

I have been using SNIP-IT instead of the Print Screen program as it is SO MUCH CLEANER AND EASIER!!!
You don't have all of the junk that goes on a print screen image.
Snip-it comes on the VISTA and Windows 7 computers.
Try it. And LIKE it!!!!!!

I can overlay an old map on to Google Earth and and before I overlaid it I set the opage to around 50%. I can now see the overlay on top of GE but I cannot move it to line it up or size it to fit to scale. can anyone tell me how to do that?
thanks

martygene said:
I can overlay an old map on to Google Earth and and before I overlaid it I set the opage to around 50%. I can now see the overlay on top of GE but I cannot move it to line it up or size it to fit to scale. can anyone tell me how to do that?
thanks

Did you click on "OK" before the map was lined up???
Before doing that, be sure that the overlay is lined up with GE by placing your mouse pointer on the green marks, click and hold to move. The cross in the middle moves the overlay to where you want it, use the corners and sides to increase or shrink the size of the overlay, the diamond on the left turns the overlay.
There is a "Transparecy" bar below the file name selection box...use it to check alignment..and be sure that is set all the way to the right before saving.
Check YouTube...should be some vids explaining the process.