Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Overload talk...Here's what I do, Per Dilek's post

squirrel1 said:
Well now. Do you see Keith Southern selling his Racer? Nope He's actually bought a second. Jack Flynn selling his Racer??Nope he did sell Deus though!!! You see me selling my Racer??? Nope Do you see Monte selling what looks like 2 Racers??? Nope actually it seems they are his weapons of choice. Do you see a trend?? Yep The Racer performs it seems. And the veteran detectorists like them!!! Surely they all can't be wrong!!! Wonder what they are seeing??? Folks you can sit back and arm chair criticize these babies all day and night long. You must be interested or you wouldn't be posting. Just pony up and get you one, then you'll know. Very handy tool in the tool chest.

I am seriously considering one myself but....at least two of those mentioned were given free test machines...Nothing against any of them and I appreciate all the time they give, I just want to see more reviews from people who went out and bought the machine and their thoughts.. It seems to me its only the same 5-6 people on every forum I go to telling us all how great the detector is.

I think both of them have also besides being given a machine have also went and bought another. I bought mine. Jack bought his, Low Boy bought his. Something to ponder, Most of the folks who are posting great things about the Racer have something in common. What is it??? They have also ran the Racer's predecessor(big brother) the Nokta CoRE unit and this includes me. So we had a leg up so to speak. Something else. Most also have or or have possessed other supposed flagship separating detectors. And guess what?? The Racer holds its own very well. I mean take someone who purchases a new Racer and have never ran another top notched separating detector, how would they really know how good it is??? Make sense. So yes it may seem the same folks are commenting and this I feel is the reason why. And remember the production Racer has been released and had by folks in the USA for how long??? A little over 2 weeks!! With more time, I think more will be commenting. As soon as they get accustomed to their units and use it in enough sites, where trends start to show/indicate something special is going on. Then they will feel confident enough to talk about the Racer performance. Also with the warmer weather and grass/weeds a growing, some folks may be a bit hamstrung as far as getting in their sites too. It could be we won't have a high number of folks reporting until this fall/early winter on its performance and what they have been able to achieve find wise with the Racer.

Again I think the racer for the money is a great detector right up there with the new F75 and very close to the F19...it is a lot of bang for the buck

I tried the Nokta CoRE but like the layout of the racer unless you are going to buy a deus or $$$$$$ minelab I think this machine can be taken on any hunt and produce better then most...well thought out almost a turn on and go machine but has a lot of power and is very fast..ti won't let you down less you don't know what you are doing but even then you will learn from this machine and won't miss much

Low-Boy/LCPM said:
Again I think the racer for the money is a great detector right up there with the new F75 and very close to the F19...it is a lot of bang for the buck
I have owned 2-Teknetics T-2s THAT I PURCHASED, and one Fisher F75 Ltd. THAT I PURCHASED, and I had two Fisher F19's THAT I PURCHASED. I parted with all of them because they just didn't provide the performance I wanted/needed or surpassed the models that were, at the time, my primary-use detectors.

I was given a FORS CoRe Pro Pack to evaluate and a Racer Pro Pack + to evaluate and not only did they impress me, their performance and packaging and features outperformed well enough to make my primary use detectors my FORMER primary-use models. Field performance is so impressive that I PURCHASED a 2nd Makro Racer and keep a FORS CoRe w/7X11 mounted and BOTH Racer's on my back seat full-time as they are now my Primary Use Detectors.

These work somewhat similar to the Fisher and Teknetics models mentioned above, but are superior when it comes to in-the-field performance. The Racer is not "very close to the F19", instead the F19 is kind-of-close, but not as versatile or as impressive in results overall as the Racer.

Monte

I love the Racer and the overload issue is going to happen with just about every powerful machine. This is a great mid level hobbyist machine...although it should be fine for any advanced hunter as well. You really can turn the gain way down on this machine and find deep targets. You can also bump the ID filter up to about 45 and feel safe your going to dig most of the good stuff without bypassing anything. The three tone makes a house site fun to hunt and calms the noise down some again without losing much if any depth.

The overload sticking issues all seemed to relate to the cold weather and my personal ones were only when the coil cover was on, I wrote Makro to ask if it could be some kind of contraction issue in the plastics or electronics caused by the cold air...most everything contracts or expands with temperature and perhaps 1/100 inch contraction or expansion caused the issue.

They sent me a new coil but doubt I see freezing weather again until next winter.

Regardless I think my videos show that this machine can go where you think you found everything and find you new targets. The place i hunt when I have nowhere else to go has been hunted hard for the last 20 years and pounded by myself and a couple of friends the last 3 years. You are happy to come out of there with one good find in a day ......I am coming out with 5 or 6 bullets, flat buttons, coins every time I go.

csarebelva said:
I love the Racer and the overload issue is going to happen with just about every powerful machine. This is a great mid level hobbyist machine...although it should be fine for any advanced hunter as well. You really can turn the gain way down on this machine and find deep targets. You can also bump the ID filter up to about 45 and feel safe your going to dig most of the good stuff without bypassing anything. The three tone makes a house site fun to hunt and calms the noise down some again without losing much if any depth.

The overload sticking issues all seemed to relate to the cold weather and my personal ones were only when the coil cover was on, I wrote Makro to ask if it could be some kind of contraction issue in the plastics or electronics caused by the cold air...most everything contracts or expands with temperature and perhaps 1/100 inch contraction or expansion caused the issue.

They sent me a new coil but doubt I see freezing weather again until next winter.

Regardless I think my videos show that this machine can go where you think you found everything and find you new targets. The place i hunt when I have nowhere else to go has been hunted hard for the last 20 years and pounded by myself and a couple of friends the last 3 years. You are happy to come out of there with one good find in a day ......I am coming out with 5 or 6 bullets, flat buttons, coins every time I go.

Try putting your coil in the freezer for a bit (with the coil cover on).

Test it, should over load.

Now take the coil cover off, and let us know what happens?

I too have been coming out of pounded sites with relics and really like the machine. I am sure the overload issues are due to cold weather. I received a replacement but it had stopped overloading before it got here however, the temps came up in the 60s and 70s. Are you having any issues with falsing when you hit something with the coil? It the woods and fields we will always tap twigs, cornstalks, pinecones etc.while swinging the coil.

csarebelva said:

thardin88 said:
I too have been coming out of pounded sites with relics and really like the machine. I am sure the overload issues are due to cold weather. I received a replacement but it had stopped overloading before it got here however, the temps came up in the 60s and 70s. Are you having any issues with falsing when you hit something with the coil? It the woods and fields we will always tap twigs, cornstalks, pinecones etc.while swinging the coil.

yes but same with the Tesoro when sensitivity is high. I have found with this machine though I can swing a bit higher and pick up targets and it has a much harder hit on targets than on falsing.....

I was also considering one of there Racers, as I liked the optional wireless headphone option, but after seeing this video not so much.

I can certainly see why some are on the used market, so soon is a bad sign. I think we'll soon see a "saturation" there as well.

It's hard to take a review too seriously when it's given by someone who got the unit free, I'm with STP and wait a bit to see something more independant.

Hey it is a nice machine I have the deus and really like using the racer and trust it...I have been doing this for close to twenty years the racer is a very good machine