Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Panama City Beach Find

Myself and Dancer have been doing shallow water detecting over the last couple of weeks down here at pcb whenever the surf calms. We were hunting the west side of the county pier across from Pier Park. I was detecting thigh deep about 120 feet from the pier with my Dual Field at a 45 degree angle, working the incline where shells gather just as the surf breaks up and rolls out onto the wet sand...Bingo! Mens wedding band ( I think)...14k...6.6grams...and it fits. Not sure about the 5 stones? Will have that checked out when I get back home. Not in a hurry though... I'm from Western Ma.... Headed for Ocean Isle Beach N.C. for the month of March. Need to find something for wifey now...

To errr is human . . . . To arrr is pirate.

Very nice ring. If I were to bet, I'd say the odds are in your favor on the stones being good ones and not imitations.

Thanks for all the praises...I did get back out there the next day "jeffc"... went back to the scene of the crime and set a new "personal best" for pop tops! Lol

Geo. (Mr. Dual Field) Has put a lot of research into this sport. From reading up on equipment, how to videos, and spending time at the local Whites store. What a thrill, that first gold ring.

Pic is Dual Field about a week before the ring. We were on a tab hunt that day.

Great find!

Don't be in a hurry to get back to MA...We may not see the snow piles melt until September.
Another week of freezing temps and more snow in in the forecast. February is not the snowiest month on record for Boston, working on the snowiest WINTER ON RECORD since the beginning of records. Only 6 more inches and the record is history. Over 130 roof collapses and counting.
This is my worst year ever for getting out to detect. Even if I wanted to go the the beach to detect, there is no place to park, most of the lots are now snow dumping sites or just not plowed.
Enjoy the sun and warm temps...wishing I was there.
Keep on swinging and

May the ring of gold be in your ears and its glitter in your scoop.

Great first, and in the land of Sunshine...:thumbup:

Glad you and Dancer are striking gold in PCB, Fl. Hope you find a nice ring for the wife. GL & HH.

There was a video on the local Albany, Ga news about somebody catching and releasing a 10 foot white shark in PCB, Fl this week, but I couldn't find the link. Be careful out there in the water.

Great looking ring:thumbup: I'll bet there are more out there just waiting for you guy's to detect and scoop them up!