Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Park gives up IH :smile:

bunker314

Hi All,
Went out and hit the park where I found the Barber Quarter a couple of days ago. Really concentrating on deep signals. The numbers where bouncy, took me a while to decifer the vid to the sound I was hearing. Very few signals were steady and consistent. Was pumped when I found the Indian Head. One of my favorite coins to find. Don't get to many down here for some reason. I have only found 8 I think in 3 and a half years. All the pennies were 8+ inches. (except the canadian) Sorry the pix is so bad. (cell phone camera)

Thanks for looking,

Bunker

Nice haul for diggin all those iffy signals. It looks like your ground is even less kind to copper than my ground in NY!

Thanks Stever0812...Had to work for those! You ought to see what it does to zinc pennies!
HH,
Bunker

Oh yes I get those zlincolns that look like tiny salt cakes. Unfortunately it hurt 6 out of 7 large coppers from my farm site too. Persistence pays off though, cause 3 of those were found on my 5th or 6th coverage of the site. At least they had mostly readable dates. Dumb question, I'm guessing you used the Etrac, not the 3030? If so, why not use the 3030 at that trashy site?

I have used both there. Had to send my CTX in to get repaired. It is on its way back now. Will give it another go when it gets here.
HH,
Bunker

Ah I see, bummer. Do you use Deep on? and fast on or off? I can't seem to find any deep coins in any of the parks around me. Even the few wheats and mercs were only 3-4 inches down.

I do use deep on / fast off. Not sure why the signals were so bouncey, our soil is very nueteral. Would love to find a large cent...
One of these days!!
Bunker

kschae4 said:
Very nice recoveries, Bunky. Love finding IHs. Man, is it that Tampa limestone is tough on copper or what? :shrug:

Thanks Ken, yea the ground eats up the zinc ones esp!
Bunker