Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Picked up a Nox 800

Coinboy007

I traded my Simplex for an Equinox 800. I think it will compliment my Etrac very nicely. How do you guys set your 800s up for getting good depth and also good recovery speed? Thanks

Learn the presets first, then read everything and dial it in for your ground and what you are detecting. Many people use presets with only one or two settings dialed in for local conditions.

If you have a coin garden it helps make a change on a known target.

Have fun

Follow Minelab's recommendation of starting in Park 1 and get to know the machine. When you're comfortable start experimenting with the other detect modes and settings. Pay attention to Global and Local settings. (Download and print out the manual).
As to depth and recovery speed settings, that pretty much depends on the ground you are hunting in. Try setting sensitivity to max and if too noisy (probably) reduce sensitivity to eliminate excess noise. Start with default Recovery Speed setting and experiment with different RS settings. You will need to adjust your settings for the conditions you are hunting in. You can get lost in the settings if you are not familiar with the machine. Thus the recommendation to start in Park 1 to learn the machine and read the manual.
GL & HH

I recommend you get Any Sabisch's book on the Nox. Read it AFTER you go through the manual a couple of times. It has given me some tips that I definitely use.

I traded my Simplex for an Equinox 800. I think it will compliment my Etrac very nicely. How do you guys set your 800s up for getting good depth and also good recovery speed? Thanks
Nice trade for you. Hope you gave the chap a few bucks along with the Simplex. Only other reason to trade that way would be if the Minelab lithium battery is older than 2-2.5 years. If everything checks out, you made a great deal. A little envious to be truthful.

Last edited:
Nice trade for you. Hope you gave the chap a few bucks along with the Simplex. Only other reason to trade that way would be if the Minelab lithium battery is older than 2-2.5 years. If everything checks out, you made a great deal. A little envious to be truthful.
The equinox I got is not waterproof and had some minor problems. Also my simplex came with lots of accessories.

I’ve read the manual over and over. Also read sabich’s book on the equinox. Both good. I would also tell you that calabash digger videos on the equinox have been helpful as well. Find solid targets, switch between modes to check it and then dig it. You’ll find what suits your style pretty quick.

The equinox I got is not waterproof and had some minor problems. Also my simplex came with lots of accessories.
What do you mean the Equinox you got is not waterproof? They are waterproof by design. Are you saying something damaged it to break the seal?