Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pinpoint trigger position

Tony

Loving the CTX but is it just me thinking the pinpoint push button switch is difficult to engage when gripping the handle normally ??

I am comparing it to the White's setup on the MXT and V3....proper "trigger" switch.

Tony.

Nope, I don't find any problem with the switch position.

Not difficult, just different............ you will get used to it.

Tony-I hold the handle fairly loosely and it IS a bit far to reach with my forefinger. Every body's grip and hand size is different and if you wear gloves it makes a bit of difference too. That being said,I hardly ever use pinpoint as I'm constantly wiggling targets out of garbage and what not. The few times I do use it,I have found it to be a bit of a stretch but not unusable.

Thanks all.....must be my stumpy little fingers......:nopity:

I noticed it too and I'm coming from a V3i and MXT. I'm just happy it's not on the front panel like the Etrac.

Hello David,

I have...just needed to bring my hand higher up the handle. I naturally gripped the base of the handle quite low so have adjusted.

Wow...what a detector !

:biggrin:

PS.....now that Ray has moved to Tasmania, I am finding plenty of $1 and $2 coins......:rofl:

Tony said:
Hello David,

I have...just needed to bring my hand higher up the handle. I naturally gripped the base of the handle quite low so have adjusted.

Wow...what a detector !

Now I understand your problem Tony, yes that would be quite a stretch to get to the PP button. To beat the grip fatigue of a long hunt, let the display "ride" on your hand, not really gripping it hard until needed. (PP and TT) The fingers are curled behind the grip so it doesn't slide down the arm and guide the detector from side to side with thumb and first finger. I can go all day that way.