Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pinpointing Issues and Fading

imalookin2

I tried to search this subject but did not get much information. The CTX with the 11" coil is a bit tough to pinpoint. When I press the PP button I get a good pinpoint at times and other times nothing. Some times it will fade out. I hunt salt beaches with open screen, PP set at sizing and lock on and sea water on. It is very unreliable. I have started using the nose of the coil to pinpoint because it just does not work as it should. Any recommendiations? It seems to happen 50% of the time. Some times it will start to pinpoint and fade out. I guess it is a glitch in the software. I have heard from others that the problem is wide spread so it is not just my machine. Anyone have a fix?

I don't think it is a firmware problem...I don't have any trouble at all pinpointing with the 11". I don't use pinpoint lock though.

Here is a tip that might help you. I use this with my 14 inch sef on my e trac and it works fine except on occasion when the coin is on edge.
I simple wiggle back while in the regular search screen till the target stops sounding at the tip of the coil, then I do the same wiggle back at a 90 degree angel. once the coin stops making noise Im within a few inches of the end of the coil and when done from 2 sides I get a fairly good point of where the target is. It took some practice but works great and I find myself doing it out of habit as I cant see the screen well any way.

good luck.

It not like on a Sovereign or Excalibur where you can leave it on top of the target and switch to pin point. You have to raise the coil or move off to he side or a combination of both before engaging pinpoint or it will auto tune it out.. wildherre

wildherre said:
It not like on a Sovereign or Excalibur where you can leave it on top of the target and switch to pin point. You have to raise the coil or move off to he side or a combination of both before engaging pinpoint or it will auto tune it out.. wildherre

Good post.... I had pretty much determined this to be true, just glad you posted it to prove my sanity! Thanks Wildherre!!

Cliff

Pinpoint mode is quite powerful on the CTX and if you have it to close to target or adjacent target either trash or treasure it will ratchet down/detune . A most useful feature when used properly to get a very tight narrow pinpoint position even with the large 17" coil .
If lots of black sand or other high mineral concentrations it could also be detuning it/them out as well .

Ima what are you doing with a CTX....glad you posted Us Excalibur hunters are spoiled with speed, I was out yesterday playing and see now screens are distractive in the water specially when it's a trashy area...and that's with the 6 even. Keep us posted on your adventures.

OBN, you are not kidding about being spoiled with the Excal. I use the 71/4" coil and you don't need to use PP to find the target. I am getting used to the CTX. I noticed that coil hits the target at the edge of the coil like it is under it. The Excal you can hear the target at the edge of the coil but it will be fainter. No problem, I also noticed the CTX is monster deep compaired to my small coil. That is why I need the PP switch setup for that machine. It is parked right now and the CTX is ruling the home. :wiggle:

Thanks for all the tips especially using the front of the coil to PP and the tip about holding the coil off the target before engaging. I did watch the video about the tones as the coil passes with triple, duouble and single beeps. Very interesting how the coil reacts to coins laid differently.

I was pressing the PP button while hearing the target and it now makes sense to me why the CTX was balancing out the target. I am going out today to a small beach and test. I think all the tips you guys gave me are awesome. Thanks to everyone!!