Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Power bank to charge 800

jas415

I searched aroung the net to find a dual or triple usb charger that could charge all the components of the 800 at the same time in the field. I found a 25,000mAH with dual usb at 2.1A, and it is waterporrf, with a slow solar charger. I fugured the solar charge could be happening while I am digging, and while driving I could plug the wireless (dont need the headset as I use ear buds) and the detector in at once and recharge. It is really ruggedely built with a light, and supposed to be waterproof. Has a short lanyard and a ring snap, but is kinda clunky sized. About 7" by 3'. I think it will do great for what I wanted.

Solar Phone Charger 25000mAh,WBPINE Power Bank External Backup Battery Charger with Dual USB Port for Cell Phone and More(green)

I just checked..... he got it from Amazon. 39 bucks. Put "Solar Phone Charger 25000mAh,WBPINE Power Bank " as search term. Colors are green and black. :jump:

Took about 14 hours to fully charge it on a 2.4A 5V wall charger. I put it on the dash of the truck today and went digging. When I came back after 2 hours, I noticed it had cranked up and was 'solar charging', I guess it was topping itself off!

That looks like a really cool charger. First one I've seen with a solar cell on it. Just be careful because it will loose all "waterproofness" as soon as the charging port door is opened, but every waterproof charger I have looked at is the same way. I think this one is the best one I've seen. Thanks for posting.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071Y3358B/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_FtNIAbZ9G92MJ

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5KLQWI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_bsNIAbBBFPRRD

The clamp holds it great on shaft but put some electrical tape on shaft cause it's smooth. This was shared on another site.

Curious. Making the assumption that all 3 rechargeable components of the 800, to include the Bluetooth Headphones, WM08 and the detector itself need to be recharged. Wondering what the charge time would be using the above mentioned power bank. And if after the power bank does indeed charge all 3 components, how much of a charge is left in the power bank to charge again?

I ask because I often go out on 2 & 3 day outings detecting and have no source of electricity to utilize chargeable battery packs . Unlike my CTX3030, where I can take out the chargeable battery pack and instead use the Alkaline Battery pack. Just have to replace the batteries once they go bad. As long as I have replacement batteries, I'm set to go.

tbw said:
Curious. Making the assumption that all 3 rechargeable components of the 800, to include the Bluetooth Headphones, WM08 and the detector itself need to be recharged. Wondering what the charge time would be using the above mentioned power bank. And if after the power bank does indeed charge all 3 components, how much of a charge is left in the power bank to charge again?

I ask because I often go out on 2 & 3 day outings detecting and have no source of electricity to utilize chargeable battery packs . Unlike my CTX3030, where I can take out the chargeable battery pack and instead use the Alkaline Battery pack. Just have to replace the batteries once they go bad. As long as I have replacement batteries, I'm set to go.
That is a question to ML. With a dead main battery what do you need to RUN the machine off the power bank for a given time. Not so simple
because the dead battery will be recharging while you use it. Not an important thing to me but to others like yourself it may be. The main thing
is the main battery. The other parts are very low drain/recharge current.

HH
Tom
LFOD !

The charge bank above will only charge two things at once, 2 usb ports. There is a triple one for about 10 bucks more. I felt that I only needed the double as I will not be using the headsets. The thing is supposed to charge an I-pad 2 or 3 times, but I suppose if one looks at the maH of the battery in the 800 that should tell us how many times the bank will charge the detector, and if we know the size of the WM08 battery, then that should tell how many times the bank will recharge the wm08.

I wanted a smaller one to strap under the arm cuff while hunting if needed without adding much weight or bulk..
It a RAVPower 10050 mAa Waterproof, Dust Proof Shock Proof unit that has two ports and only weighs
7.4 oz.. it’s only 2.8” x 4.61” x .91 and highly rated on the big online store..

Bryan