Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Premature forum ?

Doctorcoinz

Personally i think this is all looking like a bit of a shambles , i think the whole idea of a having a forum for a detector that does not actually exist is crazy. There are no solid facts here about the new nox detector at all.
The forum is full of people guessing how the new minelab will perform. I think maybe this forum should be closed till the new minelab comes into the shops...The Nox forum seems to be full of crap.

Doctorcoinz said:
Personally i think this is all looking like a bit of a shambles , i think the whole idea of a having a forum for a detector that does not actually exist is crazy. There are no solid facts here about the new nox detector at all.
The forum is full of people guessing how the new minelab will perform. I think maybe this forum should be closed till the new minelab comes into the shops...The Nox forum seems to be full of crap.

You sir are a pessimistic buffoon
There is a lot to discuss even before release based upon the known specifications
,and features of the detector , and what effects they will have in use and as compared
to other detectors that do not have some of these features. There is a great deal of
excitement about this new detector and people enjoy sharing their enthusiasm
about the release of the equinox which is just a few weeks away now. If you don't
think there is any point in having a forum then go away, we're doing fine without you.
Merry Christmas Mr. Grinch

Not so sure it should be closed, however I agree completely with everything else.

Way too much speculation, of how great it will be, which unfortunately may make it tougher for Minelab to live up to the hype. If it is only a good detector, many will be disappointed with the results.

Now if this sub forum didn't exist, the speculation would have bled over into other sub forums.

I'm anxious to see what this machine can do, but am skeptical it will perform to the level many have hyped it to. Of course the manufacturer will hype it as that is their job!

Why some choose to jump in and give there 2 cents is beyond me. It's simple if don't agree with this sub then why are you here? I for one hate cnn so I don't watch it. Just like I don't own a deus so I don't join those groups or subs. Well here is the thing your right the machine is not released yet but it does exist and there were tester all over the world. That have been using it months before the announcement and still have been. Additionally, why the hype well minelab made a bold statement with "obsolete all other vlfs. " This is the sore spot cause even minelab fanboys fear this may out perform their current go to. Minelab made that statement cause they know how it's has performed in trials. Will it be the end all be all maybe not will it likely out perform other vlfs yes it likely will. As for this group and sub well why not a source of info as it comes out nothing more. If it's crazy to you then don't be here. If your skeptical then wait and see how those of us who pulled the trigger out the gate are doing well if we decide to share that Intel. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year....

Doctorcoinz said:
There are no solid facts here about the new nox detector at all.

Here are a few solid facts, apparently you've been misinformed about the EQ, perhaps this will clear up a little of your confusion.

Specification
Detect Modes
Park | Beach | Field | Gold
Custom Search Profiles
8 (2 per Detect Mode)
User Profile Button
Yes
Operating Frequencies (kHz)
Multi, 5, 10, 15, 20, 40
Noise Cancel
Auto | Manual (-9 to 9)
Ground Balance
Auto | Manual
Sensitivity
1–25
Target Volume
0–25
Threshold Level
0–25
Threshold Pitch
0–25
Target Identification
50 segment notch discrimination | Ferrous: -9 – 0 | Non-ferrous: 1 – 40
Target Tones
1, 2, 5, 50
Tone Break
Ferrous | Non-ferrous
Tone Pitch
Ferrous | Non-ferrous
Tone Volume
Ferrous | Non-ferrous
Depth Indicator
5 levels
Length
1440 mm (56.7")
Weight
1.34 kg (2.96 lbs)
Standard Coil
11-inch Double-D Smart coil with skidplate (waterproof to 3m/10')
Audio Output
• In-built loudspeaker • 3.5mm (1/8") headphones (included) • Bluetooth compatible • WM 08 Wi-Stream compatible
Headphones (included)
Bluetooth and aptX™ Low Latency headphones (non waterproof)
WM 08 (included)
Yes
Display
Monochrome LCD with backlight
LCD Backlight
Low | Medium | High | Off
Battery
In-built rechargeable Lithium-ion battery
Battery Runtime
Approx. 12 hours
Waterproof
Waterproof to 3m/10-feet
Key Technologies
Multi-IQ | 5F×8 | Wi-Stream | Bluetooth | aptX™ Low Latency
Other Accessories
USB Charging cable (1.5A), Multi Language Screen protectors
Software Upgradeable
Yes, via USB connection (Windows and OSX)
Warranty
3 years control box and coil

(Coming Soon) With innovative NEW multi-frequency technology, the EQUINOX Series redefines all-purpose detecting for the serious enthusiast. Equally adaptable for all target types and ground conditions, just set your detecting location and go!

With the added functionality of Gold Mode, High Frequency 20/40 Hz., Wireless audio accessories and Advanced settings, the EQUINOX 800 offers extra versatility.

Features:

Simultaneous Multi-Frequency

True intelligent Simultaneous Multi-Frequency for maximum performance, plus a wide range of single frequencies.

8 Custom Search Profiles

Each Detect Mode features 2 custom Search Profiles so you can save your favourite settings in each mode.

Waterproof Design

EQUINOX is fully submersible, ideal for detecting at the beach and in rivers, streams and lakes. (3m / 10-feet)

Fast & Accurate Target ID

Fast recovery speed with accurate Target ID ensures you won’t miss any valuable targets amongst the trash.

Sleek & Lightweight

Rugged and lightweight construction allows you to enjoy long detecting sessions in any environment.

Advanced Settings

Gain even more control of your detector audio with Advanced Settings; you decide how much target information you hear.

High-Speed Wireless Audio

Experience ultra-fast wireless audio with the WM 08, or use fast aptX™ Low Latency / Bluetooth headphones.

Gold Detecting Mode

Gold Mode operates the high single frequencies of either 20 kHz or 40 kHz to detect gold nuggets in mineralised soils.

mtwolf2270 said:
Why some choose to jump in and give there 2 cents is beyond me. It's simple if don't agree with this sub then why are you here? I for one hate cnn so I don't watch it. Just like I don't own a deus so I don't join those groups or subs. Well here is the thing your right the machine is not released yet but it does exist and there were tester all over the world. That have been using it months before the announcement and still have been. Additionally, why the hype well minelab made a bold statement with "obsolete all other vlfs. " This is the sore spot cause even minelab fanboys fear this may out perform their current go to. Minelab made that statement cause they know how it's has performed in trials. Will it be the end all be all maybe not will it likely out perform other vlfs yes it likely will. As for this group and sub well why not a source of info as it comes out nothing more. If it's crazy to you then don't be here. If your skeptical then wait and see how those of us who pulled the trigger out the gate are doing well if we decide to share that Intel. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year....

It's a forum, people can voice their opinion all they want!

I concur greatly that this will more than likely out perform other single frequency machines. I've felt that way for a while and defiantly see a huge advantage with those. And personally have chose not to use the single frequency the last three years. Much of the speculation i am skeptical of is the thought process it will make the Etrac & Ctx Obsolete.

I will anxiously wait for the reviews from independent detectorist. As far as concern that people won't share their opinion of the Nox...well I'm not too worried about that LOL.

Merry Christmas!

I do think that the detecting world jumped the gun with the Exquinox.

I was attending last Summers UK Detectival Rally where Equinox was dramatically parachuted in.

Folks almost immediately had their hands on the credit cards and were given delivery promises at the time which could not be met.

I purchased my first Minelab in the late 1980`s and attended all the Minelab annual Corfe Rally`s for many years.

Of course Minelab have been anxious for some years to fill the void in their range with a machine to match other manufactures of the day.

Delivery for Christmas given at that time, has now become late January and some folks could find themselves getting one by Easter time.

While at the Detectival Rally I saw the demonstrations taking place and the new machine showed promise with a couple of other.

When the Rank and file experts get out in the fields and prove the Exquinox I may even purchase one for devilment.

One thing for sure the internet hype for something completely new from the general detectorists, even coming from renowned manufacturer is over the top.

Meanwhile have a Happy Xmas and carry on with the other excellent defectors already in use.:thumbup: Jerry.

Big Treble said:

Yes, but its one thing "voice your opinion" and completely another to walk into someone elses house yell "you all suck". Opinions are part of the back and forth in a conversation. The OP was just trolling.

Jason in Enid said:
Big Treble said:

Yes, but its one thing "voice your opinion" and completely another to walk into someone elses house yell "you all suck". Opinions are part of the back and forth in a conversation. The OP was just trolling.

Perhaps, I have to confess I don't know the personalities here as I do on some other forums. But I get part of his point, unfortunately since its hard to read emotion in these post, I've seen people labeled trolls, that I'm fairly confident that wasn't their intention.

I'm a fan of Minelab just as I'm a fan of whites, but man, the speculations of this machine top those of the racer, Deus, impact and ATMax, in my opinion. I'm afraid for Minelab, if it's only really good, it would be a disappointment for too many. I see the value of multi frequency and personally think it's the only way to go, and it's great to see one less than 1000.

Big Treble said:
I'm a fan of Minelab just as I'm a fan of whites, but man, the speculations of this machine top those of the racer, Deus, impact and ATMax, in my opinion. I'm afraid for Minelab, if it's only really good, it would be a disappointment for too many. I see the value of multi frequency and personally think it's the only way to go, and it's great to see one less than 1000.

Even if it falls short of the hype, I don't think its going to damage ML in any way. First, ML has a proven track record of releasing incredible detectors that really do set the bar for others to follow. The biggest problem is that us customers have to really pay a lot for that performance. I think ML finally looked long and hard at Garretts success with "really good" (instead of top of the line) for a reasonable price. Most of the detectorists can't afford a CTX or E-Trac, and even a DEUS is stretching finances, but most CAN afford the 600 - 800 price range. So it makes great sense for them to release a detector to match that. It doesn't have to be the best, it just has to be good enough, but I'm willing to gamble on my pre-order that ML has once again set a standard of performance that others will have to try to follow.

I was originally going to buy a DEUS with HF coil after V4 released, but I gave up waiting so long. Now ML has released their own answer to that so I'm happy to have my CTX for deep silver and a EQ for heavy iron and gold. I mean think of it, people actually lost those gianormous silver dollars. Have you seen the size of $1 and $2.5 gold coins. Those were likely lost more often, but if they are as deep as many of the big silvers I have dug they would have been invisible to most if not all detectors that went over them in the past. Real world EQ find of a DEEP 1cm gold coin by a tester is a very. very ,very good sign!

Big Treble said:
mtwolf2270 said:

I concur greatly that this will more than likely out perform other single frequency machines. I've felt that way for a while and defiantly see a huge advantage with those. And personally have chose not to use the single frequency the last three years. Much of the speculation i am skeptical of is the thought process it will make the Etrac & Ctx Obsolete.

I will anxiously wait for the reviews from independent detectorist. As far as concern that people won't share their opinion of the Nox...well I'm not too worried about that LOL.

Merry Christmas!

I never said you couldn't have opinion but with "opinions" may come criticism of those opinions and my comment was addressing the poster of this thread mostly. For the recorded I was an early pre-order of the ctx and it has been my goto. Reality is this FBS is 20 yr old tech FBS 2 is 6 yr old tech and minelab has made it clear FBS and fbs2 has reached it's limit multi iq is what they are now exploring so yes at some point it is reasonable to think this may surpass even the ctx. The other fact is this while the ctx is great it has limits in good soil it's King in heavy iron and mineralized soil it struggles no one detector does it all. So again it's ok to be skeptical but it's also ok to be confident and you should be glad some of us will provide the true detectorist review. Which obviously many on this forum have never done field testing for a major detector manufacturer cause guess what they choose true detectorist and in my experience they want unbaisied anaylsis and your not compensated for the opportunity.

Doctorcoinz said:

I have a 800 on pre-order and I come here for news and information on the soon to be released machine. There is a lot of "crap" here, no denying it, but if you browse through it's not hard to find the many, good, useful posts. In a month or so, the forum will be full of new information and first hand reports from users and much less of the undesirable stuff. Hang in there.

Opinions are like other things that everyone has at least one of. I pity the poor foo' who still is unaware of the status of the Equinox. Since I believe we all know where it stands what is the harm of rambling away like we knew what we are talking about? Yes, I have read loads of bovine scat and thermally elevated atmosphere on the subject. I have a filter for that. I believe metal detecting is equal (?) parts of art and science (ok, unequal). What I see is a ton of interest in a new product by a top manufacturer. Money alone couldn't buy that kind if promotion. For those who can't justify the existence of this forum, I suggest they not participate, there are plenty of others and let those who seem to play conjecture ping pong. I do enjoy an occasional run on sentence, its my favorite form of exercise.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Let's not forget that Minelab is a business, and we are consumers. Premature this forum??? I think not. Metal detectors are not inexpensive. I'd be curious to know how many used detectors listed here on the classifieds and elsewhere the last few months are for sale to finance the purchase of a new Equinox. I'd also be curious how many folks at the time of the Equinox official announcement, were just about ready to buy a new XP or Garrett, only to hold off on their decision to purchase.

A company creating early buzz that freezes buyers until their product hits the shelves is great marketing. Now there's a big pool of buyers with cash waiting, and not spending that cash elsewhere. Whether all that cash flows towards minelab remains to be seen, but in the meantime Minelab knows one thing-
that cash is not flowing towards their competitors. That's good business.
However, the downside is a quick letdown if the Equinox doesn't meet expectations.

Cazador??? What's a Cazador?

bik-il said:
Merry Christmas everyone!
Let's not forget that Minelab is a business, and we are consumers. Premature this forum??? I think not. Metal detectors are not inexpensive. I'd be curious to know how many used detectors listed here on the classifieds and elsewhere the last few months are for sale to finance the purchase of a new Equinox. I'd also be curious how many folks at the time of the Equinox official announcement, were just about ready to buy a new XP or Garrett, only to hold off on their decision to purchase.

A company creating early buzz that freezes buyers until their product hits the shelves is great marketing. Now there's a big pool of buyers with cash waiting, and not spending that cash elsewhere. Whether all that cash flows towards minelab remains to be seen, but in the meantime Minelab knows one thing-
that cash is not flowing towards their competitors. That's good business.
However, the downside is a quick letdown if the Equinox doesn't meet expectations.

Cazador??? What's a Cazador?

I sold my Racer 2 the week the Nox was announced, fortunately I didn't take much of a hit on it. I got on my dealers preorder list(#2) and told him I wanted all the coils and 2 extra rods. I have the funds set aside waiting for prices to released and then I'll send the funds to my dealer. I have full confidence the Nox will do what I want it to with no problems, if there happens to be any issues with the new release, I'll work thru it.

Doctorcoinz said:
Personally i think this is all looking like a bit of a shambles , i think the whole idea of a having a forum for a detector that does not actually exist is crazy.

Well, I see where you're coming from here DrCoinz and to a point I would agree that the 'equinox' forum here and other places has been a free-for-all, at least. HOWEVER, the detector itself does exist. Information has been available on the Minelab website for a number of weeks. ( https://www.minelab.com/usa/metal-detectors/treasure-detectors/equinox-800?view=downloads ) and there were a dozen or so equinox 800 prototypes out there at announcement time being tested in the field.

Doctorcoinz said:
There are no solid facts here about the new nox detector at all.

See the link above.

Doctorcoinz said:
The forum is full of people guessing how the new minelab will perform.

Absolutely True

Doctorcoinz said:
I think maybe this forum should be closed till the new minelab comes into the shops.

I've suggested a few times that the forum be wiped clean and start afresh when the Equinox is released. (I believe that the CTX3030 forum was given a good washing to begin things as well) We will see what happens. I'm not holding my breath. However, there is information slowly coming to us that is pertinent to those interested. Minelab has several Model specific forums here on Finds. Information on the equinox isn't really appropriate on the CTX, Etrac, X-Terra forums. There isn't a general Minelab forum. So if the forum isn't open for discussions, where do those that are interested go to discuss?

Doctorcoinz said:
The Nox forum seems to be full of crap.

I would reword your statement to say there is A LOT of 'crap' to sort through to find useful and worthwhile information. Hopefully this will end quickly once the detectors get into the hands of the detectorists.

Till That Time, I hope there is some restraint to the amount of 'crap' flinging and stirring.

Merry Christmas,

Rich (Utah)

Rich..... not sure if this is going to end quickly. We are always going to have people saying yes if you say no....... they like to argue lol. BUT.... if this is sound tech we will see a platform develop and improvements. At that point it will be interesting to see what they do with their other lines in the same price range. Im told we arent getting a watered down version of the tested machines.....but how quickly will this tech produce the next mouse trap and will other companies step up their game? Will we see more $2400 machines? Next year could be a fun year.

Dew