Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Premature forum ?

I believe the term "forum" is another word for discussion. Here we are, discussing a machine that is going to be released. Which is what this forum is about, this machine and the before during and after the release. Not everyone is going to agree or there wouldn't be a forum.

It's kind of like studying for an exam. You can't study AFTER the exam is over.

I would suggest studying after an exam is a very good practice. If I'd learned this sooner, I would have shaved a few years off my college career (8 into 4 = BA 4 into 3 + M.Div). Just my experience.

dewcon4414 said:
Rich..... not sure if this is going to end quickly. We are always going to have people saying yes if you say no....... they like to argue lol.

I hear you dew. The good news is that time flies by quickly. The end of January will be here soon. Hoping that laplander is able to get an equinox classroom inserted far away from the drama department.

Rich

Premature or not, this forum is probably getting more hits than most. I swing a Safari and the amount of hits on that forum has fallen to just above zero since the Equinox forum started. Maybe that user group is where the new Equinox buyers will come from.:argue:

Not premature. There are at least 2 things that probably have changed after the big unveiling.
1) battery replacement has been for the most part clarified.
2) ability to download updates. Was a big NO. Now is YES.
Both subjects were well covered here & be sure ML is reading this. I believe we had a positive effect !
ML never asked me what I wanted in a MD. They know how to ask me as I registered my Safari 3 yrs ago.
The forum has given me a chance to tell them, and all of us get to comment on things they may have missed.

73 Tom
frozen N.H.
LFOD !

I think the most annoying thing here has been premature (as in immature) posters. I may even have been one of them at times.

I'm guilty also... Sold my VX3 and was about to pull the plug on the Nokta Impact because of the fast recovery speed. I've owned the Explorer II and the SE (Silver Magnets); as well as an Etrac. The Equinox looks to be as fast (if not faster than the Impact). I'm wondering how Multi-IQ will compare with Minelabs other FBS detectors? I'll make my decision pending field tests done here in the US... At least I have it narrowed down between Impact and Equinox...Which one will give me DEPTH and SILVER:detecting:

c4teeter said:
I'm guilty also... Sold my VX3 and was about to pull the plug on the Nokta Impact because of the fast recovery speed. I've owned the Explorer II and the SE (Silver Magnets); as well as an Etrac. The Equinox looks to be as fast (if not faster than the Impact). I'm wondering how Multi-IQ will compare with Minelabs other FBS detectors? I'll make my decision pending field tests done here in the US... At least I have it narrowed down between Impact and Equinox...Which one will give me DEPTH and SILVER:detecting:

I hunted the same park around 100 times (CTX 75 times, Impact 25 times). My Impact found deeper silver then my CTX.

Minelab lads and lasses have been waiting many years for this machine to happen.

With that in mind I can understand their excitement.

Having said that it will be in under microscopic scrutiny when it arrives, with other manufacturers pulling one apart.

I would not be surprised within weeks to see the yellow peril brigade having a look alike for a third of the price on the internet.

Whatever happens its all added to the fun of the hobby and those who like to let off steam.

Meanwhile, I will stick to my well proven magic stick, the XP Deus and its 100% wire free system.

Happy Hunting,

Jerry.

Doctorcoinz said:
- the whole idea of a having a forum for a detector that does not actually exist is crazy.
-There are no solid facts here about the new nox detector at all.
You are totally right.

Here is what I see:
- a big marketing plan for social networks, forums, youtube etc, with 'free' thousands of pages open for an unknown/ not released product.
- 'independent testers' presented no real tests, not real results, only promoting the miracle product, including their pre-order for it and their act of selling other brands.
- a lot of deleted messages of persons who din't praise the miracle product.

I have two questions:
1. Is it a market manipulation or is it legal/moral that 'independent testers' to promote in this way an unknown product, not launched on the market ?
2. What if 'independent testers' are on the payroll of the producer, or if they are receiving products, trips, money - 'for free', 'for test', as 'a gift' ?

In 2-3 weeks after launch I'll do a complete real test with this product and a comparison with other detectors in different soils. I'll measure their multi-'secret frequencies'.
If the product real 'obsolete' all the others as they said, I'll buy one; if not, I will inform MD' communities about its real results.

Either you simply havent read all the posts you are talking about or you are trolling.
there are lots of solid facts about the detector, we just don't have comparison and anecdotal information.
those are NOT "independent testers", they are product development testers who volunteer their time. It's not being given a machine and told to go have fun and tell them what you thought. Its more like a job, they have to test specific aspects and functions in specific conditions. They may even have multiple version of a machine to compare head to head. Bottom line, they arent testing these to tell US anything.

"lots of deleted messages", now that is pure trolling. I am on most detector forums and the only posts I have seen deleted are from trolls simply trying to create problems. Apparently you dont understand the difference of discussing pros and cons of items verses people who just come on to bash a detector, a person, or a company. Or maybe you DO understand and you are posting that anyway????

Victor73 said:
Doctorcoinz said:
- the whole idea of a having a forum for a detector that does not actually exist is crazy.
-There are no solid facts here about the new nox detector at all.
You are totally right.

Here is what I see:
- a big marketing plan for social networks, forums, youtube etc, with 'free' thousands of pages open for an unknown/ not released product.
- 'independent testers' presented no real tests, not real results, only promoting the miracle product, including their pre-order for it and their act of selling other brands.
- a lot of deleted messages of persons who din't praise the miracle product.

I have two questions:
1. Is it a market manipulation or is it legal/moral that 'independent testers' to promote in this way an unknown product, not launched on the market ?
2. What if 'independent testers' are on the payroll of the producer, or if they are receiving products, trips, money - 'for free', 'for test', as 'a gift' ?

In 2-3 weeks after launch I'll do a complete real test with this product and a comparison with other detectors in different soils. I'll measure their multi-'secret frequencies'.
If the product real 'obsolete' all the others as they said, I'll buy one; if not, I will inform MD' communities about its real results.

JBM1 said:
I watch with interest especially as we are now in the second week of January.:cheers:

Yep, I'm hoping its some time soon! I read that there is a Minelab dealers meeting this week so hopefully someone will be a blabbermouth and give us all the low-down on the latest info.

Good post at the top of the page, Jason. Wish we had Like Buttons here.

I wonder how many of the troll/disruptive posts are done by individuals actually employed by competing companies. Or is it just jealous people that wish they could afford or wish they would have waited on the Eq but bought something else. I hate to think that some people just hate life so much that they spend theirs trying to sew discord.

Champ Ferguson said:

I wonder how many of the troll/disruptive posts are done by individuals actually employed by competing companies. Or is it just jealous people that wish they could afford or wish they would have waited on the Eq but bought something else. I hate to think that some people just hate life so much that they spend theirs trying to sew discord.

Its funny (sad actually), when a company says a new detector is coming months from now, theres no shortage of people complaining about why it was revealed so far in advance. If the company waits until right before release to reveal it then people complain because they "just bought xxx detector and would have waited if they knew sooner"

And yes, there are plenty of people who spent all their times just trying to create drama.

Jason in Enid said:

Its funny (sad actually), when a company says a new detector is coming months from now, theres no shortage of people complaining about why it was revealed so far in advance. If the company waits until right before release to reveal it then people complain because they "just bought xxx detector and would have waited if they knew sooner"

And yes, there are plenty of people who spent all their times just trying to create drama.

While I agree it's "damned if you do, damned if you don't" type situation, I think a hybrid would be a better solution. Lets say the announce a detector 1 month before release but they let everyone know at the time of the release THE DATE WHICH IT WILL BE AVAILABLE! Not a lot to ask for. It isn't hard or rocket science. Other companies do that with movies, video games, and even cell phones.

And if someone is going to use the argument "Well, they needed to have people test it blah blah blah", well I call BS on that. They had years to test according to the patients.

Beyonder said:
While I agree it's "damned if you do, damned if you don't" type situation, I think a hybrid would be a better solution. Lets say the announce a detector 1 month before release but they let everyone know at the time of the release THE DATE WHICH IT WILL BE AVAILABLE! Not a lot to ask for. It isn't hard or rocket science. Other companies do that with movies, video games, and even cell phones.

And if someone is going to use the argument "Well, they needed to have people test it blah blah blah", well I call BS on that. They had years to test according to the patients.

I think they had all intentions of a December release. Lots of dealers were saying they had been told to expect it. I think they ran into problems somewhere, whether it was components, workers, QC, shipping, we can only guess. I think this was also the reason they didnt give a hard date; they knew something could go wrong.

I am very appreciative for the slight delay, they've saved me about 2 months of Warranty that I would've lost to bench testing since I live in the snow belt. :biggrin:

Rich -

Jason in Enid said:
Either you simply havent read all the posts you are talking about or you are trolling.
Jason darling, you are right, I am trolling, I already have 3 messages posted!
The second bottom line: Minelab launched 6 month ago Gold Monster 1000. They told it is excellent in trash and mineralization soils. Well, I tested it a week, my conclusion: it is worthless in these soils... so...

What if Equinox will be the same? (regarding what is said and what is doing for real)