Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Prices going up

Fishnmaine

I just heard something that minelab is raising all their prices on all of their products 5% and that the manticore will be going up at least 100 bucks if not more in a couple days. Anybody hear the same thing?

Does not surprise me at all I have the D2 and Manticore Im good for a looong time.
Mark

They did the same with the 600 and 800,,after they were out maybe a year they raised both by $50

I think it will help other companies too. It's like Minelab wants a bigger profit margin and to hell with the customers and customer service! Correct me if I am wrong but I don't thing they offered any updates for the new 900/700 Equinox machines. Knowing what I know now I would have probably just kept running my 600 instead of buying a new 900. I have been to a few sites that I have ran the 600 over and then ran the 900 over and for what I found was that the 900 made very little difference in finds that the 600 missed. Many of these areas were private permissions. Heck...I might even sell the 900. I have a 600,an Explorer SE and a Sovereign Mark I...

True about updates, I can't remember the last update for the 800. Updates are one of their advertised selling points . I really enjoy my minelab products , but once they get you hook, line and sinker . The updatse are few and far between. Why not offer updates for a small fee , they would still make a ton of money and probably keep more customers.

The updated from minelab only made it sound like you would get more for your money but it was a way to repair there detectors without shipping costing them money . We screw up and they leaked no update could not , they weight the #S and decided to replace the water hunters detectors cheaper because they new there were far fewer water hunters than land hunters . Look at all the update-able detectors minelab released not one free update only fixes for problems that should of been fixed before release . After that crickets from the company . lol sube

Yep, the M8 coil went up 12 bucks. So what if they aren’t available they are not selling! Considering past practice it would be stupid to prepay if they don’t honor dealers preorders and sell through the Big Sporting goods stores again.

Paid $850 for a new and never used Eqx.
900 dealer return. Promised myself I would resist buying any accessories or after market enhancements. My other detector is a Deus 2 with 11” & 9” coils, and a separate collapsing straight shaft for the 9” ( used with puck control) The reason I wanted the 900 was to have a 6” coil ( nothing under 9” w/ Deus 2 ) and something easier for water use , and bc I am familiar with the Nox, having had the 800 and 600 and anxious to access performance/ build improvements in the 900 over the 800/600. Just looked and appears the 900 just went up $50 to $1,149.
One thing I was unhappy about is no WM 09 included like WM 08 was with the 800. I always preferred that with lightweight phones over the big headphones. No way I’m buying it at $259 so either using the ML 85 included or might get a coiled 1/8” wired headphone extension to be able to use lighter headphones or earbuds. Coiled cords don’t cause snagging like other ones, they’re not as good as wireless , but I find them quite manageable.

Last edited: