Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pro Swing Harness

smkunder

At 62 the bones are starting to ache a bit more after a day of swinging the CTX. Just wondering what everyone thinks of the Minelab Pro-Swing 45 harness? Good and bad. I am seriously considering one but at 129 bucks I want to be sure.

I am a believer!

I would have kept using my DIY bungee cord mounted to shoulder harness rig had I not got my pro-swing in a detector purchase deal; not because it's not worth the money but I wouldn't have known any different. Now that I have one it's as valuable to me as a pro-pointer; allows me to hunt multiple hours several days in a row if I want to. The DIY bungee cord rig definitely lightened the load but still put pressure on my trapezius and upper back muscles where as the proswing rod assembly transfers all of the weight to the hip. I use it all of the time except for my lightest Tesoro detector.

If you get one I recommend once you have the rod lengths set use electrical tape to secure the bolt to each rod so it can't come unscrewed when the two sections are disconnected. I have lost the lower (bent) rod because it came unscrewed from the bolt but minelab was good enough to replace it at no cost. The hip bolt is about half the length as the upper bolt leaving few threads left to hold the rod so a couple turns and it's off.

I like mine quite well I don't use it every time but when I know it will be a long day or using the big coil.

Agree with Bell-Two. Don't use it for short hunts or smaller coils, but if I'm going to be at it for several hours, I suit up. Also use it with the etrac.

Another "YES" from me. I initially got it for my Explorer with 12" Sunray and probe mounted....it's like swinging a bus. If you are either hunting a large area with few targets where you'll be swinging awhile between digs or you're swinging something with some weight,it absolutely helps a lot! Be aware,it is made in one size and if you are any bigger than about 6'2" and weigh any more than 250 lbs it's going to be snug. If you're under these requirements be sure to spend at least 15-30 minutes fine tuning the fit,that is the most important thing. If it doesn't fit correctly it will always feel funny. It won't go over a huge heavy coat....a medium thickness sweater or just a t-shirt works well. You can hang all kinds of stuff off it if you try hard enough. It's not a cure all but it's really nice for those long wide open hunts where you do a lot of swinging. Lastly,when you adjust the bungee DONT make it too short and have to press down on your detector to get the coil on the ground. The bungee should be just about neutral with the detector hanging off it. All you should have to do is tilt the machine into the hunting position and glide it back and forth.
For ME,it's money well spent,even though I only use it around 1/4 of the times I go hunting. Good luck with your decision...

Mine definitely saves me from elbow pain. I didnt try an alternative. It does seem excessive but it doesnt get in the way. Watch for a used one on forums as thats how I got mine. Watch out for contact of the CTX and rods or belt mounted pinpointer - mine got all scratched up before I realized what was happening.

If you don't want to buy the whole harness you can get just the Pro Swing 45 Spares Kit for under $40.
It comes with their high quality bungee and the rod attachment.
I wear a small military spec. Backpack that has D rings on the shoulder strap that the bungee hooks on to.
90% or more of my detecting is done with this setup even when using the smaller coils.
I find that I get a much more efficient swing with the bungee. You can adjust it so quickly and easily to get the perfect
coil to ground height. I truly believe it helps me find more coins.
The Minelab bungee might cost more than others but is very high quality and it adjustable with one hand in one second.
It was a little awkward at first but now I don't want to swing without it.
As a bonus Im able to carry water, snacks, sun screen, batteries and sometimes a spare coil in or on my pack.
Bryan

I have one but haven't used it at all. I got it to use with the 17 inch coil at the beach. I set it up and tried it on and didn't like it. I don't have much of a neck and the cord from the waterproof headphones was scrubbing on the harness. Plus when I would swing the detector the headphone cord that plugs into the detector would hit the harness. All that being said I still have it because I know I need to use it. I plan on using it at the beach this fall because detecting for 6 hours straight with the 17 just about kills me. I will try to tie the cord up top so it doesn't scrub and not swing as wide I guess.

Found one, and its on its way, thanks for all the responses. Looking forward to easier swinging.