Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Probably a stupid question but anyhow

bigelow

is there a way to name your find points and way points through the detector? I see I can do it with xchange but cant seem to find a way to do it while on my hunts, I find it hard to go home and try to figure out what I found and where, thanks for any help.

bigelow said:
is there a way to name your find points and way points through the detector? I see I can do it with xchange but cant seem to find a way to do it while on my hunts, I find it hard to go home and try to figure out what I found and where, thanks for any help.

Nope. Just like creating and saving a new program, the only way to give it a custom name is through the xchange software.

What I do is to save the target point, then lay the target on the screen so the FP# is visible and snap a pic with my phone. then I can correlate it all back home.

oh bummer but thanks for the tip... sure would be nice to tag them somehow in the field

I put important finds in a small plastic zip-lock bag (like a 2"x2") and write the autogenerated number on the bag when I mark it. That way I can correlate finds to find points later.

Yeah, good ideas. I usually carry a pen and write any notes I want to add in xChange later. On occasion youll find an interesting pattern if your data is detailed enough. I hunted an 12 building apartment complex from the 1940s once and found a 'trail' that was quarter rich. The manager had told me of a time that the office was burgled of its Laundromat quarters and they tracked the crooks to a nearby grocery store by following the trail of spilled coins from the buckets they used to haul them. My trail followed what he remembered was the getaway (they didn't) trail.

Ha ha -- great story, Champ!

You turned out to be the unwitting beneficiary of someone else's crime, LOL!

I guess the office manager, while following the trail of spilled coins, left a few of 'em for you! ;)

Steve

Champ Ferguson said:
Yeah, good ideas. I usually carry a pen and write any notes I want to add in xChange later. On occasion youll find an interesting pattern if your data is detailed enough. I hunted an 12 building apartment complex from the 1940s once and found a 'trail' that was quarter rich. The manager had told me of a time that the office was burgled of its Laundromat quarters and they tracked the crooks to a nearby grocery store by following the trail of spilled coins from the buckets they used to haul them. My trail followed what he remembered was the getaway (they didn't) trail.

I offered the quarters to the manager since most of them probably belonged to the business, but he declined. I suspect insurance had covered it long ago. Bought the apt staff a ton of breakfast goodies from Panera once I was done hunting the complex.