Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Problem with the CTX

trachunter

Thought I would pass this along. Went out for a quick hunt, powered up the CTX and had a message that no coil was detected. Powered down and checked the connection, everything was tight. Powered up again, same message, no coil. Powered down and turned it back on and did a master reset. That took care of the problem, I'm hoping this does not happen again. So if this happens to anyone else the master reset trick should work and allow you to continue hunting. Luckily the time out wasn't lost, I was able to pull out a 51 Washington along with three wheats, a 56, 38 and a 25 along with two zincons.

I had that happen about 3 months after getting the machine. Swapped that coil to a buddies machine and same thing, 'No Coil Detected', so I kept his!! :detecting: He was my dealer and sent it back in for a new one. I did everything, tightened connections, disconnected and reconnected, checked for bent pins in connection, wiggled the coil wires as I tightened it, tapped the coil on the cement, Nothing!!

I've had my coil replaced twice because of that problem. The first time I sent the entire detector in to Minelab. They said the detector checked out fine and replaced the coil. About 3 months later I had the same problem with the new coil. Minelab replaced that coil without my having to send the entire detector in for service. It has been my habit to fully collapse the coil when putting the detector in my car trunk. I speculate that the expanding and collapsing fully broke some wires in the cable. I asked Minelab if that was a likely cause and didn't get a satisfactory answer. In fact I got a kind of snarky answer which I won't repeat here. With this new coil I'm going to try to minimize the collapsing and expanding of the shaft. I'll see what happens.