Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Problems with Deus II

Don't forget the new Deus will need an optional extra coil lead to fit to the coil and box for in or under water.

Is that the Nox that loves crown caps ? IT BLOODY DOES TOO ! And the F2 doesn't work trying to stop it. Or i haven't found the right setting .

Don't forget the new Deus will need an optional extra coil lead to fit to the coil and box for in or under water.

Is that the Nox that loves crown caps ? IT BLOODY DOES TOO ! And the F2 doesn't work trying to stop it. Or i haven't found the right setting .
I was speaking of the Deus. True the equinox does like them but nowhere the appetite of the Deus 😂😂😂😂

I cant get rid of the things on the Nox. 1 of the sides of them always sounds off.

The equinox gets fooled but no where to the extent of the Deus. After a while I can acclimate my ears and hear the “clippiness” on the equinox but on the Deus they all sounded like nice coin signals. Needless to say there was a fire sale with the Deus 😂🤣

I'm looking forward to seeing the Deus 2 in the hands of the users, be interesting to see the videos, I'm sure it's going to be fantastic, I'm trying to ignore the hype, the Nokta machine is released later this month so it's an exciting time for all us detectorists, I'm sure Minelab are working on something as well. I don't quite get some people already saying "RIP Equinox", the Equinox is a fine machine and always will be, this whole obsession with "the best" is something I don't quite understand, "the best" to me is a detector that "you" can afford that allows you to get out in the field and enjoy yourself. As we know you can spend thousands on the latest machine with all the bells and whistles but if you don't put the time in to learn it's language both inside and out then I think you're wasting your time and money, the machine only does a small portion of the work, you've got to know what to listen for, there's no substitute for time in the field, on top of that to find the good targets, trash is just part and parcel of the journey.

The equinox gets fooled but no where to the extent of the Deus. After a while I can acclimate my ears and hear the “clippiness” on the equinox but on the Deus they all sounded like nice coin signals. Needless to say there was a fire sale with the Deus 😂
I've dug more crown caps/ bottle caps in a day with the Deus than I've dug with the Equinox in a month

odd that gary hasnt made a video yet ,he should have been testing it for months,no mention of it on his forum at all
I've been keeping an eye on his stuff too. Solely going off his feedback to questions it kinda looks like XP is using an NDA even after product launch. If that is the case it could be good, bad, or understandable given the goings on in the world of late. I'm leaning towards the latter and think they are both getting some cash in hand through pre orders and buying time to keep from months if not years long backorders like the NOX machines had.

Bottle caps with Deus? You must not know how to set a side program to check for them or you are a troll. I dig about one bottle cap per hour in a trashy park and these are mostly rusted through. Andy Sabisch book on the Deus has a bottle cap check program. Or maybe you can find it on one of the forums.

Until we get someone on here that we all know and trust will we know what this new Deus 11 has to offer for real.
I think Detectors’s are like cars 🚗 in nothing was never made a change we’d stop buying them.
I’ve been known to be wrong but just can’t remember when. It’s been a long time Deus has been on the market and their sales had to be slowing some so here comes a new face . I know it’s more than the face we’re interested in but what’s behind that petty face.
The first thing that got my attention was the 66 feet down you can take it. You may have notice that I said you not me . I leave something that deep to people like Calabash and others on here I don’t know.
Isn’t it wonderful we all got something new to talk about and it’s another detector will be out before this month is over.
The Loner is not alone anymore.haha

All I know is there’s a lot of Deus detectors up for sale now 😁be a good time to buy a used one !
Mark

I for one intend to enjoy the Deus II virtually. Same with the new Nokta Makro and yes even the nexgen Equinox. My detecting doesn’t need better equipment at this time. I’m going to use the hell out of my present line ( Orx / Deus lite, wireless F19, and Vanquish 540 PP). I get too obsessive with new, newer , newest, better and bestest. Doesn’t have to be an expensive hobby, most of us let it be though.

I for one intend to enjoy the Deus II virtually. Same with the new Nokta Makro and yes even the nexgen Equinox. My detecting doesn’t need better equipment at this time. I’m going to use the hell out of my present line ( Orx / Deus lite, wireless F19, and Vanquish 540 PP). I get too obsessive with new, newer , newest, better and bestest. Doesn’t have to be an expensive hobby, most of us let it be though.
I agree with you there, all the machines you list are awesome, I love my F19 to bits, sometimes you can get so wrapped up in wanting the best that you don't enjoy what you've got, it's an easy trap to fall in, there are so many good machines out there

Here here!
With any electronic equipment trying to always have the latest is like a dog chasing it’s tail.
I’m fighting buyers remorse myself because I just bought a new Deus 3 weeks ago.
Having fun learning it though!

If any of you gents are ike me, I need some new, fresh sites worse then I need new detectors. Like many here, I like smf detectors and will try new models, but none that I use or know about would I consider a game changer thus far. But who knows, maybe its just on the horizon. Good luck out there. HH Jim Tn

Don’t get me wrong I’d like to get every one of the new machines coming out. They will all offer something great. Right now not the best time for me to spend, but I’d say by spring I’ll be able to get one of the new models. Then the dilemma will be which one? So much out there to obsess over- where do I start? Still being able to get one doesn’t oblige me to get one- or does it?

The Deus II looks amazing! Really looking forward to seeing what it is capable of. That being said I know of a guy who still uses an old Bounty Hunter that to this day finds some really amazing things. A lot of this hobby is getting out and getting a coil over a target! I have my XP, my ORX and my Equinox and for me right now they form a pretty formidable treasure hunting trio! (I also still have my first detector a Tesoro Inca, but that is a discussion for another time.) But man with all of the technology and new machines that are coming out, what a great time to be a part of this hobby!!!

Last edited: