Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Program spreadsheet

Hi Bill,

The current spreadsheet is only for the V3, but most of the settings are the same as the V3i. Some settings are missing, some are new and some have different value ranges. The V3i spreadsheet is being worked on at the moment.

The Coin program was in the default loaded programs in the V3, but is in the library in the V3i and must be restored to use it. I assume that they realized that few people were using Coin and put it in the Library. :shrug:

The spreadsheet is just a copy of your settings, or a tactical playground to set up your machine, or a good way to learn the machine, the menu and the settings definitions. You are correct; after adjusting the spreadsheet settings, duplicate the settings in the machine. I usually just take the control box portion of the machine to my computer and have both running at the same time. They may have USB uploads someday, which would be nice, but I'm not holding my breath.

Beep

rrdetector said:
Greetings,

I have owned a V3i for a few weeks (quite different from my Bounty Hunter) and I'm interested in the customs programs in your spreadsheet.
I have to admit I'm a bit confused. First, I've noticed that the V3i does not have a "coin" program, only "coin and jewelry".
Is this an advantage or a disadvantage. Second, to take advantage of your spreadsheet, does one simply enter the expert menu and change each parameter to match what is in the spreadsheet columns for the desired program?

I'd appreciate any advice, as I've never attempted to customize pre-packaged programs.

Thanks,
Bill in OK

Greetings Beep,

Thanks for the assist.
I look forward to the V3i spreadsheet when it's ready.

I downloaded the V3 spreadsheet and I will attempt to try it out.
There's always the restore option if necessary.

Thanks again,
Bill in OK

This file is fallout from the V3i spreadsheet (not done). I wanted to have a graphical method of inputting a discrimination pattern without having to select a bunch of numbers. Think of it as a glorified version of the VDI Select By Graph functionality combined with a programmed version of the VDI Scale (top of control box). Add some TID data and there you have it.

In the V3i spreadsheet, the data from the pattern is used to populate selected programs and sections (Select by VDI, Select by Graph, Custom). In this incarnation, it simply gives you the pattern numbers. Not something I would have done from scratch, but it only needed a little tweaking to make it a standalone spreadsheet. It applies to more machines than just the V, of course.

This is not something that will help an experienced hunter. It is meant mainly, as mentioned, for inclusion in another project, but I think it could be instructive to a user new to White's.

disc_check.jpg

http://www.thebeepgoeson.com/display.asp?page=Disc_Check

Holy smokes that sheet looks great! I was out yesterday thinking about how nice it would be to have a kind of a decision tree for mapping the V3i functions. Your graphical display of discrimination is excellent. Some of us are numbers oriented and some are graphics oriented and your project certainly looks like it is bridging the gap.

I've had a lot of "life" happening lately and the detecting stuff usually has to take a back seat when that happens. The spreadsheet is all figured out, but I have quite a bit of code still to write. Sorry for the delay. As it is evolving during creation it looks like the file and the machine are becoming a good match; if you can understand the spreadsheet, you will understand the V3/V3i.

Do you think it would be stupid/not worht it/(enter descriptive term here) if I asked for $10 for a file like this? It is a lot of work and my time is valuable, as is everyone's. I guess it boils down to whether someone thinks it is worth the price. Please be honest.

Thanks,
Beep

I think it's worth $10! I figured you were working towards a product you could make a few buck on. Like you said, you should be compensated something for your effort.

I'd pay you 10 bucks for a V3i specific workbook. :clapping:

Is it ready yet?

Here's a look at the new comment system. The built-in Excel comments aren't very friendly for the user or the developer, so I did something different. This allows for easy editing and less clutter. Clicking on a setting title brings up the dialog. You can Save your additions or modifications or notes or posts, etc. or Restore the original comment. Copy and Paste are just Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V.

v3i_comments_dialog.jpg

TheBeepGoesOn
The New comments section is going to be a great reminder and training tool for teaching and reminding us of what all those features do. Looking forward to using this V3i version soon.
Thanks,
WestTn

Thanks WestTn. I found that each Excel cell can contain 32,767 characters, so there should be plenty of room for whatever you want to add. The comments are on a hidden tab in the spreadsheet...one cell per comment...3 if you include the original comment used with Restore and the associated cell address used to find the appropriate comment.

I also added a Save & Close button on the comment form. I'm actually using the form to input all the comments...much easier than creating built-in comments or editing them within the cell.

Hi,

I started a full-time job this past Wednesday, so my timeframe may slip a bit. As it stands...

- It works like the machine with the ability to "load" three programs at once
- Library contains all programs shipped with detector (easily browsable to compare programs)
- Storage contains backups of all programs shipped with detector
- Shading indicates what settings are controlled by Common
- Common to/from for exclude categories and individual settings: automatic and manual
- Modifiable display
- Full comment system
- Graphical input method for discrimination pattern settings
- Import / Export native files (.v3i)
- Create text, forum and web files used to post your programs on the web, in an email or on the forum
- and more...

As I mentioned previously, this may be the first file I may ask a small donation for. We'll see. Future versions (for this or newer machines) may have rudimentary simulator functionality so you can check your color settings on the various screens, etc.

HH!
Beep