Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Programing the eTrac to find one specific item

Gozoman

I've been using a Whites Eagle Sierra Spectrum for over 20 years but now switching to the eTrac.

I was approached once on the beach by a lady who had lost an expensive diamond earring and asked if I could find it for her. I was able to set up the detector to ignore everything but the earring by using her other earring to learn accept. I found it within 10 minutes.

Is it possible to program the eTrac to find one specific item and ignore everything else. For example can you program it to find silver dollars only. I thought I saw a way of doing this a while back but I've been searching on Google and can't find it. If anyone has a link to how to do this I would appreciate it.

Elmy will probably be able to answer better than me... the only problem I see is if you open up just certain things like silver dollars, or other silver coins... how much do you open? we all know a silver quarter hits at 12-46/47, but ground conditions, and depth change those VDI numbers ...I remember digging a silver quarter that was 8" deep hitting 01-45...not sure why, but the reason I dug it was the silver tone..not so much the numbers. I have a cherry picking program I use sometimes looking specifically for silver coins it isn't just opened in the 12 FE range but from 01FE all the way to 28FE and 42CO to 49CO

I've been using a Whites Eagle Sierra Spectrum for over 20 years but now switching to the eTrac.

I was approached once on the beach by a lady who had lost an expensive diamond earring and asked if I could find it for her. I was able to set up the detector to ignore everything but the earring by using her other earring to learn accept. I found it within 10 minutes.

Is it possible to program the eTrac to find one specific item and ignore everything else. For example can you program it to find silver dollars only. I thought I saw a way of doing this a while back but I've been searching on Google and can't find it. If anyone has a link to how to do this I would appreciate it.
Page 44 to 51 in the etrac manual explains all you want to know about programing a disc pattern for what you search for.
I will include a pic of a silver dollar pattern and what it should look like for reference....silver dollars on edge can read high numbers even up to a co of 47 on Eisenhower dollars.
Any problems , let us know.

Untitled.jpg

This is still a gamble,if you set it up just to find a silver dollar it would also rely on several other factors.
One being the ground mineralization.
Another being the rotation of the coin as passed over by the detector.
Even ground moisture can play a roll.

This is still a gamble,if you set it up just to find a silver dollar it would also rely on several other factors.
One being the ground mineralization.
Another being the rotation of the coin as passed over by the detector.
Even ground moisture can play a roll.
Sounds like a normal detecting day to me....for any specific coin or target......what he asked was how to set it up for just a specific Target and mentioned a dollar...
So I gave him what he asked for.
If anyone chooses to hunt just for a silver dollar, then I say good luck with that one...every coin in anyone's pattern is a gamble on any given hunt.
You can set it up for that and it will find it ....if you pass over it in the right conditions....Yes ...it is a gamble....that is why we all bring pennies home.