Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quality Headphones

detectorguy

Hello from central Illinois. I've got a Minelab Explorer XS and I use some Timberwolf Lobos headphones and my backup Killer Bees headphones have taken a dump on me. I would like to get me a quality set of headphones for primary use and move my Timberwolf headphones to the backup position. Since it has been a couple of years since I've been heavily involved in detecting I'm wondering what is out there to choose from. What do you Explorer users say?

DG, I just picked up a pair of Sunray Pro Golds and absolutely love them with my ExpSE.:thumbup:

Rat phones MSA blues. Hard to find but are comfortable and work great with the Explorer.

muggsc said it best. The theory is you are supposed to be able to hear the subtle differences in tones to identify 'iffys'. Why get headphones that don't reproduce the full sound spectrum hearable by the human ear?? After I tried the Blue Rats, and I was using Grey Ghosts and Killer Bees, I could immediately tell the amount of sound spectrum I had been missing. On top of that they use a common guitar cord that plug into the headphones and then the detector. No need to do anything except visit your local music store and get a new one when one gets damaged . The cords are often the main failure point. jim

I have 2 pair that need repaired - anybody know where I can send them for repair?

Blue MSA RATphones here too. Love 'em. But something like headphones really need to be tried first if at all possible. People's hearing varies, and will have a big effect on which work best. Plus they have to fit well and be comfortable.

I have been using the RAT max for a while now, I also own Killer B's There is a huge difference in sound. The RAT's are Fantastic I wish they will continue to make them.

I love my Killer B's (I have 3 pairs) and they have a lifetime warranty. Just send them in and get them fixed and save some money.

You have a SunRay dealer in Eureka Marty.

Where can a guy get some RAT phones ? I can't find any place on the internet ..... Did they quit making them or what ? Help

My Koss messed up and I picked up a pair of Killer Bees that work great on my SE Pro... Great tones and lifetime warranty!

Here's the address I have for Killer B repairs

B & B Distributors, LLC
908 31st Ave
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
205-752-5523