Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quarter haul today

Listener

I went back to a field today that I was at Sunday and found 22quarters. It is a field where they hold the local festivities and was surprised to find so many quarters. Everyone hits it I thought! So I went back today and it was if I hit a wishing well. I found 42 quarters, 23 dimes, 2 nickels and 6 Pennie’s. And 1 Sacaweegie. I found 9 quarters in a small patch. Unbelievable. $13.46.

Attachments

• 2B7A37CF-042F-42FE-BBBA-ED9583BAF8D8.jpeg
    2B7A37CF-042F-42FE-BBBA-ED9583BAF8D8.jpeg
    911.2 KB · Views: 59
I went back to a field today that I was at Sunday and found 22quarters. It is a field where they hold the local festivities and was surprised to find so many quarters. Everyone hits it I thought! So I went back today and it was if I hit a wishing well. I found 42 quarters, 23 dimes, 2 nickels and 6 Pennie’s. And 1 Sacaweegie. I found 9 quarters in a small patch. Unbelievable. $13.46.
Nice digs, I love coin shooting!
Tony

They're not very shiny so probably been there for a while so I would guess the place doesn't get detected very often and there may be plenty more! A couple weeks ago I stumbled onto a spill with 20 quarters in an 8" circle , many were still shiny everywhere but the edges as if they were still stacked in the ground. I can only guess someone dropped a $5 roll in the grass and the wrapper had dissolved with the moisture. That was a first for me!

They're not very shiny so probably been there for a while so I would guess the place doesn't get detected very often and there may be plenty more! A couple weeks ago I stumbled onto a spill with 20 quarters in an 8" circle , many were still shiny everywhere but the edges as if they were still stacked in the ground. I can only guess someone dropped a $5 roll in the grass and the wrapper had dissolved with the moisture. That was a first for me!
It’s a really large area and I maybe covered a third of the field. There is a storm moving in overnight so will be getting back to it. Lots of other areas there too. Soccer fields two sand tot lots. A large pavilion with a large trees area around it. Like I said I can’t believe it isn’t hunted to death already. Thanks for looking.

👍

Thanks, I went back and cleaned up the rest of the field today. Walked away with another 23 qtrs, 18 dimes, a presidential dollar, one wheatie 1958. With the Pennie’s my total was $8.60. Strange there were no nickels.
Great going, I love those presidential dollars. I myself have days where I do not dig nickels for a while. You’ll dig some up next time. Great haul

No nickels would concern me a bit as that's where the really good stuff lies. I try to dig everything 1 number up and down from the solid nickel VDI even in the trashy areas and especially out in the interior part of soccer or football fields. I will occasionally try the dig everything method but especially in the "spectator" areas it becomes to tiresome and unproductive to be fun anymore. Still a nice haul of clad in today's venues , I usually have as many nickels as quarters.

Sorry, I guess I only used the picture after I cleaned out the junk. Anyway I was not using any discrimination in hopes of finding a gold ring. I did find an antique silver 925 ring on this field pre Covid era that had a 1/2 carat diamond in it with the D1.

The only nickel signal I got I dug and it was the pull tab in the picture. Also pull tabs were few because I am aware of what you stated it’s just if they aren’t under the coil they aren’t there I reckon.
Apparently someone was cherry picking.
Nice finds .